6.1HF3 and AI add on traffic (AIG and UTLive)

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
danking66

6.1HF3 and AI add on traffic (AIG and UTLive)

Post by danking66 »

I am having a problem with add-on AI traffic. Whether I use AIG or UTLive (which both work fine 5.4) in v6.1 only a small fraction of traffic appears, and no parked traffic at ANY airport (default or add-on). The small amount of traffic that does appear immediately goes into a steep descent from high altitude and crashes into the terrain.

I have tried with no add-ons at all, just the traffic add-on, and the problem re-occurs. I have even done a fresh re-install of Windows 11 and P3D v6 with the same results in-sim.
benjaminmac

Re: 6.1HF3 and AI add on traffic (AIG and UTLive)

Post by benjaminmac »

danking66 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:41 pm I am having a problem with add-on AI traffic. Whether I use AIG or UTLive (which both work fine 5.4) in v6.1 only a small fraction of traffic appears, and no parked traffic at ANY airport (default, geometry dash lite or add-on). The small amount of traffic that does appear immediately goes into a steep descent from high altitude and crashes into the terrain.

I have tried with no add-ons at all, just the traffic add-on, and the problem re-occurs. I have even done a fresh re-install of Windows 11 and P3D v6 with the same results in-sim.
I am having the same issue with add-on AI traffic. Did you find the solution?
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

The problem with the aircraft crashing into terrain may be caused by the airports in P3D not being in the same positions as those indicated in the AI flight plans.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
danking66

Post by danking66 »

I eventually just reinstalled EVERYTHING from scratch and AIG now works fine. Infuriating not to be able to understand the problem TBH.

Now I have a different problem - all the add-on aircraft I try have very dark VC''s. So dark, in fact, that with some aircraft I CANNOT see the instruments!

FSLabs Spotlights doesnt work with V6 (which is how I fixed the problem in V5.4).