I am facing a jitters in ground scenery when I am using Varjo XR-3

Discussion related to Mission design and creation.
ManojaMohan

I am facing a jitters in ground scenery when I am using Varjo XR-3

Post by ManojaMohan »

I am trying to fix the speed of the flight speed bellow a 1000 in panel.cfg file and testing the fly but I found some jitters when I was flying 2000 to 3000 feet higher the scenery or a ground will flickers for a every second then. I tried to see through the Varjo XR-3 then it was more jitters compared to Non VR or Mixed Reality.
So help me out to solve this Problem
JorgenSA

Re: I am facing a jitters in ground scenery when I am using Varjo XR-3

Post by JorgenSA »

We need to start by you publishing your system specifications, including your Windows and P3D versions.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
ManojaMohan

Post by ManojaMohan »

Processor : AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core Processor 3.80 GHz
installed RAM : 32.0 GB , Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Prepar3D V5
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

The basic problem here is the speed of your CPU - 3.8 GHz.

P3D is very clock rate demanding itself, and when you add a CPU-hungry piece of equipment like a VR headset, then you will get issues.

I would recommend that you look in the manual for your motherboard for overclocking the CPU - this is done in the BIOS on the motherboard. With ASUS and MSI motherboards at least it's fairly easy.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
ManojaMohan

Post by ManojaMohan »

Thank you So Much For your Reply IT helps me So much
Ok if I try to change Processor 3.80 GHz with the Higher Version which will be the Very Smooth for VR's like VarjoXR3 or Quest-3
and

Can YOU please help me how to find out this kind of Problems myself Like checking the graph's of CPU and GPU or what should i Check to Understand this thinks
ManojaMohan

Post by ManojaMohan »

I am using AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X Desktop Processor 8 cores 16 Threads 36 MB Cache 3.8 GHz Upto 4.7 GHz AM4 Socket 500 Series Chipset It is the recommended specs of Prepar3d V5 and Varjo XR3. according to this it as to work right with out Jitters
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

Your CPU, according to AMD, can be overclocked to 4.7 GHz.

This is done in the BIOS on your motherboard, so you'll have to find the manual for your motherboard and see how it's done. The motherboard manufacturer's website may also have information on this, but this is something that you'll have to do yourself.

You do mention what graphics card you have? That is also important, as is the P3D v. 5 sub-version, where you should be on v. 5.4.

Also, go here:

https://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv5/prepar3d ... ation.html

and here:

https://simmershome.de/prepare3d-v5-einstellungen/ (this site is in German, but there is an English-language option)

Beyond this information, there isn't much I can do to help you, as I do not use VR myself.

Jorgen