How to control aircraft components using CIGI?

SDK supports Prepar3D’s philosophy of an open development architecture and encourages third parties to bring new innovations with improved add-ons and training content.
Jey

How to control aircraft components using CIGI?

Post by Jey »

Hello, I have read the Common Image Generator Interface (CIGI) in P3D document. However, I don't know how to control the aircraft component (e.g. gear, rudder, gauges) using CIGI host. I can set the position of aircraft using CIGI official sample now.
Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.
Clifton Crane
Lockheed Martin

Re: How to control aircraft components using CIGI?

Post by Clifton Crane »

Hi Jey,

Articulated parts can be configured via the CigiArticulatedParts.xml file. This file is located your ProgramData directory:

C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D vX

You'll likely need to reconfigure this file based on the articulated part ID sent by the host. Similarly, value types and units may also need to be changed. Our default configuration files were setup to work in a Prepar3D Host/IG setup.

Regards,
Clifton
Clifton Crane
Prepar3D® Software Engineer Sr.
Jey

Re: How to control aircraft components using CIGI?

Post by Jey »

Hi Clifton Crane,

Thanks for your time and explanation, I notice the CigiArticulatedParts.xml file. However, I don't know how to connect my model, this file and cigi packet. I create my aircraft in 3ds Max and convert model in ModelConverter.