How to use Multiplayer voice communication with other players

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application's multiplayer mode
ManojaMohan

How to use Multiplayer voice communication with other players

Post by ManojaMohan »

Respected sir / madam
I was trying to play a multiplayer with my friends so I was trying to communicate with the my other player using multiplayer PTT so I saw that the reason COM1 and COM2 connections in the option settings so I maped thrust master switches to that option but it didn't worked so in events id I found something called KEY_MULTIPLAYER_VOICE_CAPTURE_START. So I use this voice capture start and start as well as broadcast while start and stop to the keyboard keys but also I didn't work unable to communicate with my players so if you have any other way to use the ptt voice communication with the multiplayer please inform me about that.
ManojaMohan

Re: How to use Multiplayer voice communication with other players

Post by ManojaMohan »

I was trying to connect the prepar3D in multiplayer then I found a problem with communication to other players
Then I referred the EVENT ID'Si got that a KEY_COM1_TRANSMIT_SELECT I used this but also I have a problem to communicate so please help me out
Clifton Crane
Lockheed Martin

Re: How to use Multiplayer voice communication with other players

Post by Clifton Crane »

Hi ManojaMohan,

You should be able to bind the MP voice event under Options > Controls > Key Assignments. If you search for "voice" in the dialog, you should see several events. The "Transmit Voice" event is used to broadcast only on frequency. The "Transmit voice to all" event is used to broadcast to all players, regardless of frequency. Note that this behavior is configurable by the multiplayer host. See here for more information:

https://prepar3d.com/SDKv6/prepar3d/net ... ssion.html

If you are interested in the in gauge based event you can have a look here:

https://prepar3d.com/SDKv6/sdk/referenc ... ayer%20IDs

Regards,
Clifton
Clifton Crane
Prepar3D® Software Engineer Sr.