Question to LM P3D v5.1 hotfix 2

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
ryanair007

Question to LM P3D v5.1 hotfix 2

Post by ryanair007 »

I have to do a re-install of my system , is hotfix 2 coming out soon ?
would hate to speed 3 days insatlling 5.1 hotfix 1 with hotfix 2 imminent ,

Thank you ,

Marco
hermes82

Re: Question to LM P3D v5.1 hotfix 2

Post by hermes82 »

it would be handy if lockheed posted at least a bit of a heads up as to progress in the news section, the last time any news was posted was 28th october 2020, i'm not expecting release dates etc just a progress report to give everyone an idea on how you're doing and an idea of what thing's are likely to be included, I have xplane 11 and MSFS 2020 but p3d is still my main sim and is likely to continue that way for the foreseeable future, it's frustrating that we only hear from lockheed when they've finished something, not bitching about it just a suggestion
PilotRaider14

Post by PilotRaider14 »

I think we can all agree that we would like status updates. It's usually been every 3-4 months that we get an update, but it is frustrating when you don't know if they've noticed similar issues and are trying to repair them for the next update, then all of a sudden the update appears and the fix you were hoping for is nowhere to be found then it feels like a complete let down. I'm personally waiting for an Antialiasing fix in the next update.

The news section and front page could have a bit more added though, I agree.

I'm not one to complain and be pushy on new updates, but it's like being at a restaurant and you can see the kitchen window, it's even better when you can see how things are being made. I do like well made updates though that aren't rushed.

I remember on the first release of v5 we had the invisible wall issue... where when trying to land, your aircraft would hit an invisible wall on final approach, or get slammed to the ground, the suspense of not knowing when that annoyance would be fixed was very tiresome.

My two cents.
Intel i9 10900K|Corsair 32GB DDR4 3200MHz|2TB NVME 970 EVO Plus|EVGA FTW3 GTX 1080Ti | EVGA 850W G3 PSU
Windows 11 Pro | P3D, XP11, DCS World, MSFS.
ryanair007

Post by ryanair007 »

Yes thats true the development team should says what bugs they are working on and the status of their fixes a bit like MSFS , it would be more efficient to talk to the community and try to fix all the problems v5 has to make it more stable for all the users .
Fingers crossed ,

Marco .
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

No one in their right mind in the software industry will post a schedule for updates or hotfixes, for one very good reason:

They do not want to set expectations that they cannot fulfil.

Say someone announces a release date of DD.MM.YY, and this then gets delayed, even by ONE day? Just imagine the frustrated uproar.

I cannot imagine a development team that wants to have egg like that on their faces.

You may not like this, but this is the reality in today's software world.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
ryanair007

Post by ryanair007 »

That is not correct as MFS2020 and xplane as many other developers ( even if sometimes the date is postponed ) they show there development map bug fixes upcoming patches with all the possible fixes and get the community involved , and makes you feel like you are listened to and not talking to the wall like it is the case on this forum . if we follow your reasoning ,LM p3d development can close tomorrow and we will be waiting for nothing . Communication between a developer and customer is always essential in pure mutual respect to make your product and the satisfaction of your costumers .
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

A quote:

"if we follow your reasoning ,LM p3d development can close tomorrow and we will be waiting for nothing"

Yes, they can actually, just like that. That is called corporate reality, and I have been in such an environment in the US for many years.

Just look at MSFS2020: Microsoft published a release date, and consequently released a product that I had on my system for about 30 minutes, before I demanded my money back. According to the forum discussions at the time, a lot of other people were also hugely disappointed. Granted, there have been many updates out since then, but I don't think I am ever going to go back there.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
Alox

Post by Alox »

PilotRaider14 wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:59 am I think we can all agree that we would like status updates. It's usually been every 3-4 months that we get an update, but it is frustrating when you don't know if they've noticed similar issues and are trying to repair them for the next update, then all of a sudden the update appears and the fix you were hoping for is nowhere to be found then it feels like a complete let down. I'm personally waiting for an Antialiasing fix in the next update.

I'm not one to complain and be pushy on new updates, but it's like being at a restaurant and you can see the kitchen window, it's even better when you can see how things are being made. I do like well made updates though that aren't rushed.

I remember on the first release of v5 we had the invisible wall issue... where when trying to land, your aircraft would hit an invisible wall on final approach, or get slammed to the ground, the suspense of not knowing when that annoyance would be fixed was very tiresome.

My two cents.
Yes it is very frustrating when you post issues since the first release and after nine months you see that they are still existing. I have like 6 post opened waiting for an answer or solution from LM.

It will be very helpful if LM could share something like we area working on this or this issue is not going to be fixed because..

That is one of the reason that i stopped posting issues here, it is a waste of time for me.

Regards.
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

Alox,

"It will be very helpful if LM could share something like we area working on this" - yes, on that one I agree, wholeheartedly. Such an acknowledgement will make users feel that they and their issues are being taken seriously, and, IMNSHO, that is really important for the company image.

And on one of the very crucial issues, the VRAM management issue, Beau Hollis has confirmed that this is being worked upon.

Jorgen

PilotRaider14

Post by PilotRaider14 »

Alox wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:31 pm
PilotRaider14 wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:59 am I think we can all agree that we would like status updates. It's usually been every 3-4 months that we get an update, but it is frustrating when you don't know if they've noticed similar issues and are trying to repair them for the next update, then all of a sudden the update appears and the fix you were hoping for is nowhere to be found then it feels like a complete let down. I'm personally waiting for an Antialiasing fix in the next update.

My two cents.
Yes it is very frustrating when you post issues since the first release and after nine months you see that they are still existing. I have like 6 post opened waiting for an answer or solution from LM.

It will be very helpful if LM could share something like we area working on this or this issue is not going to be fixed because..

That is one of the reason that i stopped posting issues here, it is a waste of time for me.

Regards.
Even if they don't reply back to you, I'm sure they are watching these threads... they're taking notes secretly and keeping quiet so you might think you haven't been heard, but posting your issues here is the best chance you have to showcase your voice to help improve the simulator. My last post on antialiasing received 10,000 views, so out of those views I'm sure someone from LM noticed it, they're just not responding, but i'm certain I've been heard.

Now the hope is that when the next update is released, those fixes we've been asking for are included, we shall see.
Intel i9 10900K|Corsair 32GB DDR4 3200MHz|2TB NVME 970 EVO Plus|EVGA FTW3 GTX 1080Ti | EVGA 850W G3 PSU
Windows 11 Pro | P3D, XP11, DCS World, MSFS.