Issue installing P3D v5 in both first released patch and HF1

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
jellybaby

Issue installing P3D v5 in both first released patch and HF1

Post by jellybaby »

Hello there

I have issue installing P3D v5 in both first released patch and HF1

Here is the story
I format my PC as clean setup, installed Wins 10 Pro with full updates, download Prepar3D v5 first released patch using internet explorer.
Installing P3D on clean wins 10 during installation half way the windows intend to restart and ask my to restart windows or cancel i tried both restart and cancel I restart the PC nothing happened i run the installation again still the same after restart i found that P3D installed and P3D icon on desktop.
i hate that problem.

After released HF1 I download it using internet download manger to avoid any interruption for P3D files
Reformat windows 10 with full updated installing P3D still same issue kept ask my to restart or cancel
This work took my approximately a week

Please any help to fix this problem any advise from expert

Thanks

Best regards

Rashed AlJulaibi
Jellybaby
Brady Butler
Lockheed Martin

Re: Issue installing P3D v5 in both first released patch and HF1

Post by Brady Butler »

Hello Rashed,

Have you tried checking the md5 checksums to ensure they match those listed on our downloads page? You can review this post for more detailed information on downloading/checking the checksums:

www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6313&t=126465

Make sure you are running the installer as an administrator. If you verify that the download worked properly and the install isn't working you should follow this guide:

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2&t=126570

Regards,
Brady
Brady Butler
Prepar3D® Software Engineer
jellybaby

Post by jellybaby »

Hello Mr Brady

Thanks for support

I did all procedures you have mentioned still fail to solve the problem

I am very sad

I return to Prepar3D v4

Many thanks
bjratchf

Post by bjratchf »

Same thing happened to me. I believe on a fresh install of windows, some dependencies (vcredist or something) get installed, requiring a restart- even though it is DURING the install if p3d. It is important that you press cancel- the p3dv5 install should finally complete normally. You will see a prompt at the end of the successful installation to then restart your computer.
SeaJunk

Post by SeaJunk »

Same thing just happened to me on a new windows pc with V5
It tries to restart after the VC runtimes are installed during P3D setup. I just hit cancel (restart) and the P3D setup continued with content, scenery etc.
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

The basic problem here is that you let Windows Updates control when to restart your computer after an update.

Go into Windows Update and select Advanced options. Set the switch "Restart this computer as soon as possible" to Off.

For good measure, while you're in there, also set the switch "Receive updates for other Microsoft products" to On, to ensure you get everything updated in the future.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.