OZx Grumman Goose Legandary Freeware Plane Returns!

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
Kalnon

OZx Grumman Goose Legandary Freeware Plane Returns!

Post by Kalnon »

Hello, not sure if many are aware of this or not but SOH has made the OZx Grumman Goose HD Redux available for download (With permission for the OZx Team). You can find the download link on this page (You do need to have an SOH free account):

https://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/ ... x-Complete

I stumbled upon this link recently that works. It contains the base 1.0 and every update ever made for the aircraft in one package. Also, even though it's a native FSX aircraft, it still works in P3Dv1-5 just fine, I do not know about v6 compatibility since it's so new (I don't think anyone's tried it yet). The plane was not available for download anywhere on the internet for a while now but finally the people over at SOH made it possible to once again be able to get this legendary freeware plane.

If you've never flown this plane or don't own the aircraft already, do yourself a favor and get it, I can almost guarantee that you will fall in love with it like so many others have of this legendary freeware aircraft.
P3Dv5.4
Ryzen 5800X, Corsair 32 Gb 3600 Mhz, Sapphire Nitro+ 6900 XT
All time favorite aircraft: PMDG 747 Queen of the Skys V2, A2A Captain of the Ship B377 Stratocruiser, OZx Grumman Goose Redux
bullfox

Re: OZx Grumman Goose Legandary Freeware Plane Returns!

Post by bullfox »

I loaded it into P3D6. It works and looks great! Amazing that it started in FSX, but his version interior and exterior looks much better.
 Ryzen 7 5800X3D liquid cooled, over clocked on auto to 4.5 ghz, XFX 6900XT Black, 2 tb M2 drive, 32 gb ddr4 ram, Asus Hero Crosshair VIII mother board running P3D6.19 in Win 10
Kalnon

Re: OZx Grumman Goose Legandary Freeware Plane Returns!

Post by Kalnon »

bullfox wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 5:57 am I loaded it into P3D6. It works and looks great! Amazing that it started in FSX, but his version interior and exterior looks much better.
That makes me happy to know it works in P3Dv6 too, that's awesome. Thank you for testing it. It does look great, uses HD textures (I'm not positive about the exact texture resolution) which is a million times better than the default, the gauges are all remade too.

I love the OZx Goose, it is one of my most favorite sim aircraft ever. I fell in love with the original FSX Goose way back in the day and when I finally was able to install and fly the OZx Goose, I was blown away at what they did. It's a masterpiece in my opinion as far as freeware goes (for FSX & P3D), it's one of the best ever made. I even did an around the world trip (in segments) in this airplane once a long time ago.

There also used to exist an OZx Bell 206 HD Redux helicopter too, that was their first aircraft makeover project. There is currently nowhere on the internet to find it unfortunately :(
P3Dv5.4
Ryzen 5800X, Corsair 32 Gb 3600 Mhz, Sapphire Nitro+ 6900 XT
All time favorite aircraft: PMDG 747 Queen of the Skys V2, A2A Captain of the Ship B377 Stratocruiser, OZx Grumman Goose Redux