Prepar3D V3 opens and closes right away automatically

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
thomas raggi

Prepar3D V3 opens and closes right away automatically

Post by thomas raggi »

I have a problem tonight I wanted to use P3D V3 it opens and closes automatically. should I uninstall all the scenario plane add ons and ORBX Global Base V1.40?
Rangho

Re: Prepar3D V3 opens and closes right away automatically

Post by Rangho »

Uninstalling scenario plane add-ons and ORBX Global Base V1.40 may not directly resolve the issue of P3D V3 opening and closing automatically. Here are steps you can follow to troubleshoot the problem:

1. Run P3D V3 as Administrator:
Right-click on the P3D V3 shortcut or executable and select "Run as administrator." This can help resolve issues related to permissions and access.

2. Update Graphics Drivers:geometry dash
Ensure that your graphics card drivers are up to date. Outdated drivers can cause instability in graphic-intensive applications like flight simulators.

3. Disable Add-ons Temporarily:
While scenario plane add-ons and ORBX Global Base V1.40 might not be causing the issue, temporarily moving them out of the P3D V3 folder or disabling them in the simulator's settings can help identify if they are contributing to the problem.

4. Check Event Viewer for Error Logs:
Look into the Event Viewer on your computer to find any error logs related to the automatic closing of P3D V3. This can provide insight into the root cause of the issue.

5. Verify Game Files:
If P3D V3 has a file verification or repair feature, use it to make sure all game files are intact and not corrupted.

6. Reinstall P3D V3:
If all other troubleshooting steps fail to resolve the issue, consider reinstalling P3D V3. This can help if there are corrupt installation files or missing components.

7. Check for Compatibility:
Ensure that P3D V3 is compatible with your operating system version and any recent updates that have been installed.

8. Contact Support:
If the issue persists, consider reaching out to the support team for P3D V3 for further assistance. They may have specific troubleshooting steps or insights into the issue.

Before uninstalling any add-ons or extensions, it's advisable to go through these troubleshooting steps to pinpoint the exact cause of the automatic closing issue. This approach helps ensure that the solution directly addresses the root cause, saving you time and effort.
Sabre57

Post by Sabre57 »

One thing to try is to rename the prepar3d.cfg file to prepar3d.bak and restart the sim. P3d will build a new one when you start it again. Sometimes the file gets corrupted and the sim won't start. If this works then look at the .bak file and add back in your changes one by one. This may or may not reveal a culprit.
I9-9900
32GB RAM
RTX 3090 FTW
Assorted SSDs and HDDs
3x55" TVs
Alpha/Bravo Honeycombs
SPAD.Next, ASV6
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

If Sabre's tip does not help, then try to remember what happened on your computer between when P3D worked fine and now when it exhibits this open/close behavior. More specifically, did you install or modify something?

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
thomas raggi

Post by thomas raggi »

Sabre57 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:51 pm One thing to try is to rename the prepar3d.cfg file to prepar3d.bak and restart the sim. P3d will build a new one when you start it again. Sometimes the file gets corrupted and the sim won't start. If this works then look at the .bak file and add back in your changes one by one. This may or may not reveal a culprit.
I renamed the cfg file of prepar3d to .bak and let's see if prepar3d doesn't close itself when starting P3D V3