SelectionZoom keys and backspace not working in P3Dv5.4

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
kessler

SelectionZoom keys and backspace not working in P3Dv5.4

Post by kessler »

HI all,

Firstly I was unsure where to post this problem.... I also did a google search and also searched here but the only think that came up were problems with chase plane. As the title says, my zoom in and out keys and backspace are not working in version5.4. They work fine in P3dv4 and P3dv6. They are correctly assigned in the key assignments , = for zoom in and - for zoom out, backspace key on keyboard.

I have uninstalled the client msi and reinstalled but this made no difference. The weird thing is, that they will work if I load a saved scenario but again, this is only with the FSLabs A320, loading any other saved scenario ie with pmdg 747 or 777, then they wont work. The keys will neither work with any default aircraft.

I have tried re-assigning the function to other keys, but whilst it lets me do that in the key assignments, when I load up the aircraft the problem is still there and the newly assigned keys don't work.

Im still using Win10 64 bit. I don't have chase plane.

I still use mainly version 5.4 due to my addon aircraft not being supported in P3dv6.

Can anyone offer any help? I really don't want to have to do a full reinstall, and in fact my latest install is only about 6 months old, when I upgraded my hardware.

Many thanks,

Rory
kessler

Re: SelectionZoom keys and backspace not working in P3Dv5.4

Post by kessler »

Btw, they were working fine up until recently but Ive not made any changes to cause the problem.
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

Rory,

The keys function fine in my v. 5.4, and the client there has not been changed since the latest v. 5.4 client came out and I installed it. I only have one add-on aircraft installed, Dino Cattaneo's freeware T-45 Goshawk.

I am at a loss to say what could have happened on your system, but (according to my tech support logic) some change of some kind must have happened between the last time the keys worked properly and now.

This "some kind" could of course be something you installed (not necessarily flight sim related), or it might (unlikely) be a problem with your keyboard, or something "entirely different" - there are unfortunately so many possibilities.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
bullfox

Post by bullfox »

Interesting that those three keys are right next to each other. MY only suggestion is that if you are using a wireless keyboard, put in a fresh battery.

I use the mouse wheel for zooming in and out. See if that works.
 Ryzen 7 5800X3D liquid cooled, over clocked on auto to 4.5 ghz, XFX 6900XT Black, 2 tb M2 drive, 32 gb ddr4 ram, Asus Hero Crosshair VIII mother board running P3D6.19 in Win 10
kessler

Post by kessler »

Many thanks to you both for replying. I didnt think about zooming with the mouse! I have to press space bar then zoom with the scroll wheel, but its a good workaround. Still annoying though why the keys wont work the way they should.

Cheers guys

Rory
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

Maybe you can borrow another keyboard to see if it is a problem with the keys on your present one.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
kessler

Post by kessler »

Its not the keyboard Jorgen, I have two spare ones and it does it on those too. Anyway, at lease I have a workaround with the mouse/spacebar function.

Cheers,

Rory