Flightplan Bug V5.1 HF1?

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
Blaunarwal

Flightplan Bug V5.1 HF1?

Post by Blaunarwal »

If I create a new flightplan and save it, it is not automaticly loaded like it was always in every version of this simulator and even before with FSX.
Workaround is to load the saved plan. This means going into flight planner again and search the plan saved before and that´s a bit cumbersome.

Is someone else having this? Is it a bug of this version or something related to my file system? What could it be then?

If it´s a bug, then please add it to the to do list.

Regards

Dan
i7- 13900K, 64 GB DDR-5 SDRAM, Gigabyte Aorus Z790 Elite AX, KFA2 GeForce RTX 3090 SG 1-Click OC (24GB)
https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods
Martyson

Re: Flightplan Bug V5.1 HF1?

Post by Martyson »

Blaunarwal wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:41 am If I create a new flightplan and save it, it is not automaticly loaded like it was always in every version of this simulator and even before with FSX.
Workaround is to load the saved plan. This means going into flight planner again and search the plan saved before and that´s a bit cumbersome.

Is someone else having this? Is it a bug of this version or something related to my file system? What could it be then?

Regards

Dan
Are you just saving it? Like, to be reloaded months from now?

Or are you saving it and marking it as a default flight?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
dafyddp3d

Post by dafyddp3d »

Blaunarwal wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:41 am If I create a new flightplan and save it, it is not automatically loaded like it was always in every version of this simulator and even before with FSX.

Regards

Dan
This happens in v5.1.8.26742 also
Dave Nash

P3D v5.3.17.28160 on Win 10 64 bit (21H2.19044.1682)
3 x 4k Monitors driven by 3 x GTX1080Ti
Mobo MSI X99A SLI Plus, with Core i7-5930K @ 4.2GHz, 32GB Mem (3000MHz), Corsair M500 SSDs
FSUIPC, PMDG 747, 777, VRS FA18
Blaunarwal

Post by Blaunarwal »

[/quote]
This happens in v5.1.8.26742 also
[/quote]

Thanks for confirming. Hope, someone from LM takes note of this.

Dan
i7- 13900K, 64 GB DDR-5 SDRAM, Gigabyte Aorus Z790 Elite AX, KFA2 GeForce RTX 3090 SG 1-Click OC (24GB)
Blaunarwal

Post by Blaunarwal »

LM: Did you see this report?

If I create a flightplan, it is not loaded. I have to load it after saving it. It then takes about 5 min., no joke, to find out "do you want your plane to be set to the departure airport". I always say no, since I´m already there. So remove this question please.
Why does it take so long? Prepar3d.exe is runnig at 13,5 % CPU usage (i7-9700K @5GHz). There´s nothing to calculate, the route ist made, only loading. This was faster with any version before inclusive FSX. So you really mixed things up here.

Hope you fix it. This sim could be so good, if you only listened to customers LM.
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hello,

Thanks for the report. We'll look into this issue.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

I just tested and the saved flight plan was already loaded when the flight loaded at the departure airport.

None of my saved flights have taken more than a few seconds to load.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Post by Rob McCarthy »

We aren't able to reproduce this issue. Are you seeing this from the startup screen? Are you changing any other settings beforehand? Do the settings of your flight plan impact the issue?

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
hermes82

Post by hermes82 »

I have the same in mine since v5.0 was installed, in task manager while it's supposed to be loading the flightplan it show's p3d as not responding then working then not responding again, also if I don't want my aircraft to fly from the departure airport it takes 2 attempts to load to my new departure airport from the startup screen
Blaunarwal

Post by Blaunarwal »

Rob McCarthy wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:33 pm We aren't able to reproduce this issue. Are you seeing this from the startup screen? Are you changing any other settings beforehand? Do the settings of your flight plan impact the issue?

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Sorry, didn´t see, you answered again, since you didn´t quote me.

I created a video, showing how long it takes and how P3D5 is kind of stuck, during the process. Even loading the starting point is a lengthy process. I try to create a flightplan from WARR to WIII. The video is real time and not cut in any way. So bear the lenght of the process. I can´t understand, why just selecting an airport takes so long after clicking it. What does the program in this time. There´s nothing to do? I understand, searching a route can be time consuming. But if I search a route at Simbrief, the route is there at the moment I write the destination airport. Loading an externaly created route also goes much faster.

I guess you test only with a vanilla P3D5 therefore you never see bugs only appearing with a load of sceneries added. I have about 1000 sceneries added. That´s an average number for a lot of users. Only adding ORBX sceneries is adding some hundreds entries.

https://youtu.be/p05ZmwMI13g

Regards

Dan
Blaunarwal

Post by Blaunarwal »

Rob McCarthy wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:33 pm We aren't able to reproduce this issue. Are you seeing this from the startup screen? Are you changing any other settings beforehand? Do the settings of your flight plan impact the issue?

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
I went direct into the sim, so no it´s not from the startup screen.

I don´t change any setting beforehand.

I don´t unterstand the question about the setting of my flightplan should impact the issue? It is the flightplan genereation of the Simulation. Clicking every option does take minutes for nothing.

If I create a flightplan from default flight at Randolph AFB to Corpus Chrisi NAS (KNGP) it goes faster, but is still not loaded into the flight after saving the flightplan. So the problem is not everywhere on earth to the same extend.

If I go to WARR then start creating a flightplan and choose depart from WARR it does not remove the old route from before, but extends it (KRND - KNGP - WARR). If I set a new departure, I expect the sim to only keep the destination KNGP.

New start without a route. Departure WARR, destination WIII. I have a straight flight line.
Selecting IFR costs me another 30 s of an unkown activity of the sim.
Then selecting Jet Airways does start the search for a route. This is kind of clear, but takes minutes.
Still have the straight line like gps after 2 Minutes, then the process bar appears saying it searches a route.
That takes about 8 Minutes. My route is finished.

If I click ok another hour glas of a minute just to ask, if I want to save the flight plan.
Then follows the unnecessary question, if I want to go to the departure airport. I´m already there.

So now trial from the startup screen.
The test route in the US, from KRND to KNGP no problem, not fast but ok.
WARR to WIII, everything slow, takes about 10 Minutes to create a IFR route on Jet Airways.
Also in the startup screen, the sim does not load a flight plan after creating it. It has to be done manually.

Loading the same route, created by Simbrief goes much faster, but the click ok for going to the departure airport causes another process that takes several minutes without any change on the screen.

All these test showed, loading the map seems to be a part of the problem. The map is often empty, then only laoded partially. I also think, it loads too much detail. It looks the sim is loading the same mesh detail like inflight. The preview map is loaded much faster if I reduce Mesh from 1m to 19m.

During the trial with 19m Mesh I cleared the route, added ZUUU. After it loaded some time, the map remained on WARR. Then I selected ZBAA as destination. The route was created faster but from WARR to ZUUU.

The route planner procedure does not empty the departure variable, when selection a new one. It is busy loading maps instead of just looking up waypoints.

It is like whatching a Commodore 64 computer running a basic program line by line. I have an i7-9700K @5 GHz and it has the power to do any of this within a fracture of a second. If I create a route on a website like Simbrief it is done within a split second.