Help understanding what might be the issue

Discuss on the SimConnect SDK can be used by programmers to write add-on components for Prepar3D
JG7XMAN

Help understanding what might be the issue

Post by JG7XMAN »

I posted this on HiFi's forum:
The issue here that I use OpusFSI for head-tracking (it's weather function is turned off) and it requires the <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> version to work.

I run ASN P3DV4 in NETWORK mode and it doesn't connect with the sim unless I use the .xml file that is in the SimConnectFiles folder with the "Windows-1252" encoding. However, I loose functionality of OpusFSI's TrackIR limits (which keeps my eye-point inside the defined space - i.e. the cockpit). Note: I regain OpusFSI's TrackIR limits functionality when I revert back to the "UTF-8" simconnect version P3D endorsed.

Can you please make use of the standard one P3D issued please?

Can someone explain why this would cause issues? Please assume you are talking to a 5 yr old :)
JG7XMAN

Re: Help understanding what might be the issue

Post by JG7XMAN »

A fix suggested by on th the techs at HiFi solved my issue.
Apparently, the simconnect.xml and dll.xml files must have the same encoding - in my case UTF-8. Some applications apparently require the dll.xml to be one or the other to function correctly.

Does anyone know why?