dark cockpit while flying

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D website and web apps.
perohijo

dark cockpit while flying

Post by perohijo »

Hello.
I have a problem that initially I thought was an aircraft problem but it happened on 2 different airplanes already. The cockpit goes dark whether I'm taxiing, taking off or during cruise. Initially it happened while taxiing but now it happens in any stage, but it happens just after a few minutes after the aircraft moves. This problem started with the Carenado embraer 120, for which I requested support, but then it happened on the Pilatus PC 12 as well also from Carenado. They said they cannot duplicate the problem and that this the first time they have a ticket with this issue. Although their tech support is pretty bad they said they cannot find a problem. That brings me to the sim itself. If the aircraft is not the culprit then is got to be some issue with P3D.
I don't see how can I upload a screenshot of the problem. When I click on image it doesn't give the option to upload.
Martyson

Re: dark cockpit while flying

Post by Martyson »

How to post a screenshot (by Kayla):
viewtopic.php?f=6313&t=122277

Is your default flight the P3D F22 at KVPS?

Do you have this problem with the default P3D aircraft?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
perohijo

Post by perohijo »

I have tried the milviz beaver 2 as well as the Quality wings 757 as well as some others. I also tried the cessna 337 Skymaster from carenado and none of these aircraft had the problem. The only default aircraft I used so far is the Maule, the commander 114 and the Mooney.
I'm using ESNQ (Kiruna) as the default airport but I don't think that has any bearing on this issue.
perohijo

Post by perohijo »

Here are some images for the dark cockpit.
Last edited by perohijo on Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
perohijo

Post by perohijo »

Sorry I guess din't work.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

perohijo wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:10 pm I have tried the milviz beaver 2 as well as the Quality wings 757 as well as some others. I also tried the cessna 337 Skymaster from carenado and none of these aircraft had the problem. The only default aircraft I used so far is the Maule, the commander 114 and the Mooney.
I'm using ESNQ (Kiruna) as the default airport but I don't think that has any bearing on this issue.
Does the P3D Mooney Bravo have the problem?
Best Regards,
perohijo

Post by perohijo »

I only flew it once but I didn't have a problem. I am going to tried it again for a bit.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Ok,
I seen your screenshots now.

By dark cockpit do you mean dark Glass displays PFD etc, ?

Avionics Power On with your Add-on aircraft?
Best Regards,
perohijo

Post by perohijo »

I have exactly the same problem with the Mooney:
perohijo

Post by perohijo »

By dark cockpit I mean I lost all avionics in the cockpit. The engine still rotates but it looses power and I cannot restart the engine. No glass display available and the only way to tell what the aircraft is doing is by looking at the analog instruments.
perohijo

Post by perohijo »

Some of the lights work and the landing gear works as well.
perohijo

Post by perohijo »

All the instruments are active when I began the flight. Only whatever is supposed to be off will be off, but all the avionics and generators are on.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

perohijo wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:19 pm Some of the lights work and the landing gear works as well.
When you first load the Mooney Bravo at the gate are the displays working?

You battery / power is On and normal?
Best Regards,
perohijo

Post by perohijo »

Everything works when I first load an aircraft, and as far I can tell, this problem seems to happen after the aircraft is moving. So far, nothing happens while the aircraft is not moving and I am getting ready and loading a flight plan etc. This began happening when I started taxiing but it looks like now it does it any other time whether I am taxiing or flying but it doesn't happen at an specific time frame. It can happen right after it begins to move or during flight.
perohijo

Post by perohijo »

yes battery normal