[RESOLVED] Simconnect not working v4.5

Discuss on the SimConnect SDK can be used by programmers to write add-on components for Prepar3D
aeronauta

Re: Simconnect not working v4.5

Post by aeronauta »

I hve just reinstalled win10 without removing data or apps , still the same , I am also experiencing the folder named DOWNLOADS being erase for no reason , any update will clean it ...

Ed yes all running as admin . here is a copy of the JFS log after I removed the simConnect..

29/05/2019 13:11:35.109 No such host is known
29/05/2019 13:11:35.882 Started version 1.4.34 on port 6112
29/05/2019 13:11:35.910 SimConnect 10.0.61259.0 not installed.
29/05/2019 13:11:45.912 SimConnect 10.0.61259.0 not installed.

I aske at JFS what is "No such Host is known: bet had no reply yet..

Jorge
Jorge Roldan
OZx Developer (aero) - Hovercontrol Helicopter Certified Pilot - Spad.Next Beta Tester - VATPAC Pilot PR
System i9-9990 4.7Ghz 32GB W11 Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 8GB
obinder

Post by obinder »

Hello Jorge,

10.0.61259.0 is the FSX SP2 or Acceleration SimConnect version. The program is not looking for the P3D SimConnect at all.
To make that addon work, you will have to install an FSX Accel SimConnect client. Maybe this one will do the trick:
C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib\SimConnect.msi

Best regards
Oliver Binder
Lorby-SI
aeronauta

Post by aeronauta »

Yes Oliver thankyou, I have used this JFS app for a long time , I use the simconnect from P3D redist folder, still no go, that is the problem , no app that uses the old simconnect ( any one) works..

Jorge
Jorge Roldan
OZx Developer (aero) - Hovercontrol Helicopter Certified Pilot - Spad.Next Beta Tester - VATPAC Pilot PR
FSTramp

Post by FSTramp »

The old 32-bit SimConnect also requires the old Visual C++ runtime components. If you install the FSTramp addon, SimConnect (FSX SP2) and runtime components will also be installed. Uninstalling FSTramp will leave these components on the computer. Maybe worth a try?
obinder

Post by obinder »

FSTramp wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 9:35 am The old 32-bit SimConnect also requires the old Visual C++ runtime components.
True that. Vcredist 2005 and possibly 2007. The SimConnect.msi installer doesn't query or install them, that would only happen when you install FSX itself.

This is also true for the addons themselves, C++ based programs need VCREDIST runtimes, C#/managed apps need .Net versions. It is very possible that a fresh Win10 doesn't have either.

Btw. Jorge, you said that the Flashlight doesn't work either. But that one was built with P3D 4.4 libraries, and it does not require any of the old stuff. So the old FSX Clients are probaby only part of your problem.

Best regards
Oliver Binder
Lorby-SI
aeronauta

Post by aeronauta »

Oliver and FSTramp , thank you , I installed FSTramp , no change, I installed FSX and no change , I removed all VCredist I had and reinstalled all from 2005 t0 2019 , no change ... I dont even understand as you Oliver say the flashlight not working when SpadNext that uses the native P3D SimConnect works OK , I can read any LVAR inP3D with it.

Join FS is an app that allowws any SIM to connect to any other SIM (XP, P3D, FSX, you name it) and this allows me to fly with the old OZx group... not anymore...

I will keep trying short of formatting my C drive. (reinstalled WIN10 to 1903 already...)

Thank you for your support...

Jorge
Jorge Roldan
aeronauta

Post by aeronauta »

Well I have it woring now , I created a new user account with Admin rights , log in to it , reinstalled P3D V4.5+HF and all works. JFS finds the SIM ok... , if I logout of the OK account into the other JFS does not find the SIM ... WHAT CHANGED???

maybe will never know ...I am very tired now..

Jorge
Jorge Roldan
obinder

Post by obinder »

Hello Jorge,

be careful with "As administrator" and "Admin Rights". That can go very wrong. I had it happen more than once to me that I installed stuff "As Administrator", only to find out that I cannot remove it anymore, because the files don't belong to me. Access rights are not the same as ownership, and you usually never truly are the Admin on a Win10 machine.

No idea about Spad vs. Flashlight. All I can say is that I use the P3D 4.4 libraries to make the Flashlight. You can try and delete the SimConnect DLL from the Flashlight installation folder.

Best regards
Oliver Binder
Lorby-SI
aeronauta

Post by aeronauta »

" you usually never truly are the Admin on a Win10 machine.
"

Oliver how right you are!!! having been through this saga I cannot recall how many times I was told you do not have authority to see this or that... I even found a folder named " Protected - It is a violation of Windows Policy to modify"

that I did not touch for fear of it being the EXPLODE button and destroy my PC!!...

Well we only pay for the license to use not to own..

Thank you all for your help.

Jorge
Jorge Roldan