Multiplayer Sharing is disabled

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application's multiplayer mode
Joburgtaxi

Multiplayer Sharing is disabled

Post by Joburgtaxi »

Hi

I have p3d v4.5 with latest hotfix. I am successfully hosting a multiplayer session and players are able to join and fly however in the "Distributed Simulation Session Lobby" the "Sharing options says "Disabled" and also the button next to that "Manage Sharing" is greyed out.

Anyone know why this is happening or where i can enable sharing? Is it a limitation in the academic version?

Thanks

Joburgtaxi
Clifton Crane
Lockheed Martin

Re: Multiplayer Sharing is disabled

Post by Clifton Crane »

Hi Joburgtaxi,

The multiplayer host cannot join other vehicles, however client players can join the host's vehicle.

Also, sharing is disabled by default and must first be enabled. As the host ensure that Players can share vehicle is checked. This check box can be found in the Create New Session UI under the Additional Options tab. Also, scrolling further down you will see the Share my vehicle check box. Enabling this will allow other players to join your vehicle.
Clifton Crane
Prepar3D® Software Engineer Sr.
Cought

Re: Multiplayer Sharing is disabled

Post by Cought »

An interesting feature in the game. Thanks for the recommendation. I would also like to use it.