NT Australia 15m Imagery LOD 11 over ORBX AUv2

Forum for Prepar3D users to share videos they have recorded of Prepar3D.
NormanLGibson

NT Australia 15m Imagery LOD 11 over ORBX AUv2

Post by NormanLGibson »

I am resampling TerraColor NextGen 15m Imagery of the Northern Territory of Australia to create a Version 2 of my previously released scenery. This will be a free upgrade to those that have purchased Version 1.

There will be two options as was the case with China Hong Kong to Beijing, one with full 15m imagery scenery and one with an LOD of 11 so that the scenery can be used in conjunction with any good quality Landclass type scenery such as ORBX Australia v2 as shown in the video and screenshots below.

In the following video, the aircraft is a Lockheed Martin F-35A by IndiaFoxtEcho Visual Simulations in RAAF colors departing Darwin Airport by Anthony Lynch. ORBX Landclass is seen at lower altitudes whilst the 15m imagery is seen in the distance. As you climb and at higher altitudes the 15m imagery is the main scenery seen unless you bank the aircraft or go to external view and view downwards where you may see both types of scenery together as can be seen in the video. The colour differences between the two sceneries is hardly noticeable at times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avS-1et ... e=youtu.be

The benefit of this type of scenery is low HD space and lower imagery cost as compared to say 1m imagery and a good visual experience at lower altitudes.

Shortly following departure from Darwin
ORBX AU2 surrounding the aircraft with 15m imagery on the horizon. No difference visible.

Same below

All ORBX AU2 in this screenshot.

All 15m imagery below

Both directly below the aircraft.
Aussie1234

Re: NT Australia 15m Imagery LOD 11 over ORBX AUv2

Post by Aussie1234 »

Very impressive Norman, Great integration of the packages.
Looks great at very high level and the transitions are very good. I presume that clouds below and ground shadows work?

I have your NSW version 1 where I struggled with the visual transition from a high level flight into Sydney or WLM. I ultimately stayed with AU1.

I guess, based on you success with the NT, you may move onto NSW? Looking forward to seeing any results. Do you have more than one season?
Aussie
P3d V6: ProSim-AR B737 suite: Fully enc. 737 Cockpit:
ASky6: Orbx world: GSX2: Pilot2ATC: Open Cockpits & Simworld h'dware:
Ext view - 4 LCD monitors, 210' viewgroup from 1x RTX 4080 16Gb. Main i9-13900K MSI 64GB.
NormanLGibson

Post by NormanLGibson »

Aussie1234 wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:12 pm Very impressive Norman, Great integration of the packages.
Looks great at very high level and the transitions are very good. I presume that clouds below and ground shadows work?

I have your NSW version 1 where I struggled with the visual transition from a high level flight into Sydney or WLM. I ultimately stayed with AU1.

I guess, based on you success with the NT, you may move onto NSW? Looking forward to seeing any results. Do you have more than one season?
Aussie
Aussie,

I have completed the northern half of NSW (from just south of Sydney) with the LOD 11 option and am also watermasking major waterways. If you want to try the LOD 11 option so far completed I can give you a copy to try.

No Seasons. I try each season to get the best match with ORBX.

Clouds and ground shadows are not affected

Cheers,

Norm
NormanLGibson

Post by NormanLGibson »

Aussie1234 wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:12 pm Very impressive Norman, Great integration of the packages.

Aussie
Aussie,

I am getting out of a video content, however, following are a series of screenshots at various increasing altitudes from the cockpit of an aircraft in a Paused state over YWLM. The altitudes can be seen on the Helmut Mounted Display (HMD).
YWLM is default airport.
Near scenery is ORBX AUv2
Outer Scenery is 15m Imagery at LOD11,
At 10,000ft both sceneries share the view although hardly noticeable as you can see at the Cross Hair. If you fly the aircraft and do not look for differences you will hardly notice a change as you climb or descend.

I call it "Dual Scenery - The best of both Worlds".