Reversing deleted shaders folder, possible?

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the additional features present in the Prepar3D Professional Plus client application.
annber4458

Reversing deleted shaders folder, possible?

Post by annber4458 »

Hello,
Yesterday, (prepar3d v4.3) could not get past launch, it would just hung there forever. I am a small developer, and have tons of files installed, settings, etc, so I was quite worried about deleting important files. I read about deleting generated files, saving your scenery.cfg, but then I read a post somewhere here that said to try deleting your shaders folder, and I undesrtood from that post that doing so would not affect your addons.
Well, I did delete the shaders, and p3d did start, but all my addon folders were deactivated.
My question is this: I did save my scenery.cfg and my old shaders folder. Is there a way for me to reverse the step I took yesterday?
Also, since I have the scenery.cfg, would I still be able to replace the new scenery.cfg with the old one that has all my installed files, and would that activate all my scenery again without having to start from scratch again?
Thanks!!
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Re: Reversing deleted shaders folder, possible?

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hello,

Did you run the Delete Generated Files shortcut or just delete the shaders folder? Deleting shaders in your local app data folder shouldn't impact any installed add-ons. This will get generated again next time you launch Prepar3D. Was the scenery.cfg deleted as well?

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
annber4458

Re: Reversing deleted shaders folder, possible?

Post by annber4458 »

Aha, yes it was Rob, forgot to mention that. In any case, I have now restored most of the scenery files I had. The really curious thing I noticed is that there were several scenery files that disappeared from the addon folder, so far I noticed 4 of them, which I had to add again to the addon folder and activate. They were for sure there before P3D got stuck on launch, as I saw them while testing some scenery before this happened.