P3D v4.4 Freezes Up

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the additional features present in the Prepar3D Professional Plus client application.
Smokeywood

P3D v4.4 Freezes Up

Post by Smokeywood »

Greetings,

I have a very strange and unusual situation that I have been chasing for over a week now.
I can open my FS and go to any airport and make a flight with one exception.

Every time I try to load KMEM Memphis Tn in my sim P3D freezes and I get in my task manager
a program popping up that is "Directx Diagnostic Tool" and the only way I can get out of the sim
is to click on End Task.

I just installed my SSD drive a couple of weeks ago and the only things that are installed on that
drive are programs that are related to flight sim and P3D.

This is a fresh download that I did a md5 check on and installed the complete P3D v4.4.
After I started to experience this problem I have uninstalled all add on scenery and air ports
and ran the "Delete Generated Files" batch program setting the sim back to the default state.

After doing this I still experience this problem using only default scenery and airports.
I also tried using only a default plane instead of my iFly 737 ng and still get the same results.

I can go to any airport that I can think of and experience no trouble but when I go to KMEM Memphis
Tn just after the scenery loads but before it is 100% loaded the Directx message appears in the
task manager and the sim freezes and I can not get out except by using the End Task feature.

I would appreciate any help or suggestions as this has baffled me for several days now.

Thank you for your time and help
Gene
Gene

Windows 10 Home Edition version 1809, CORSAIR 850X PS, AMD FX 8370 Eight Core 4.0 GHz 16 GB Ram DDR3, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB Video Card,OS ON SAMSUNG 860 1TB SSD, P3D installed on Seperate Samsung 860 1TB SSD
Brady Butler
Lockheed Martin

Re: P3D v4.4 Freezes Up

Post by Brady Butler »

Hello,

Have you tried running a repair on the Scenery? It's possible an add-on overwrote scenery in that area.

Regards,
Brady
Brady Butler
Prepar3D® Software Engineer
Smokeywood

Re: P3D v4.4 Freezes Up

Post by Smokeywood »

Greetings,

I have done a repair of both client and scenery and still get the same results.

Thank you for your help

Gene
Gene

Windows 10 Home Edition version 1809, CORSAIR 850X PS, AMD FX 8370 Eight Core 4.0 GHz 16 GB Ram DDR3, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB Video Card,OS ON SAMSUNG 860 1TB SSD, P3D installed on Seperate Samsung 860 1TB SSD