HF2 Question

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
rsmith6621

HF2 Question

Post by rsmith6621 »

I know that you will not talk of a HF2 release date.

Are we going to have to do a complete uninstall and reinstall for HF2 like we did for HF1. If so can you please announce that so we do not spend anymore time installing scenery and tweeking the current version.

Regards
Randy
MikeB54

Re: HF2 Question

Post by MikeB54 »

Just my opinion, but every release has required that so I don't see why HF2 would be any different.

Mike
rsmith6621

Post by rsmith6621 »

Mike.

That is an interesting statement. I have been using P3d since V3 and every time LM has issued a hotfix it has only required that you uninstall the CLIENT module, Never have I had to do a mandatory full uninstall and reinstall for a HF until HF1 for V5.

Perhaps you can tell me where I am not seeing your side.
Kaiii3

Post by Kaiii3 »

it will depend on what LM has fixed in each modul of the installer. If there are fixing in Scenery/Content it is suggested to update them as well.
You should always try to have the same version of the whole simulator installed to get all latest fixes/features
MikeB54

Post by MikeB54 »

rsmith6621 wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:56 am Mike.

That is an interesting statement. I have been using P3d since V3 and every time LM has issued a hotfix it has only required that you uninstall the CLIENT module, Never have I had to do a mandatory full uninstall and reinstall for a HF until HF1 for V5.

Perhaps you can tell me where I am not seeing your side.
I wasn't very clear. You are correct that the minimum is an uninstall an reinstall of the new client. But if you chose to upgrade the content and scenery you needed to uninstall and reinstall those as well. My personal preference is to uninstall and reinstall the entire package. I don't use a lot of addons but the ones that I use that are installed via the addons.xml method don't need to be reinstalled when I upgrade.
jacobsh

Post by jacobsh »

I do not understand yet. It is correct that at least it is an uninstall feature of the new customer. I can try it. But if you choose to upgrade the content and interface you need to uninstall and reset those as well. My personal favorite is to remove and reinstall the entire package. I don't use many addons but the ones I use that are inserted through the addons.xml method do not need to be re-installed when I upgrade.