Prepared will not start anymore

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
libertyone

Prepared will not start anymore

Post by libertyone »

Hi Folks of lockheed Martin
i'm so in dispear. I will only fly the simulator. After several new installtions of the P3D and also my Windows PC i'm still unable to use P3D. In the beginning everything works fine.
Then i will install several add-ons like ORBX and EEDF Airport as example and i can play it one time. When i will start it for the next time there comes only the main screen of P3D and after it just disappears. In the Taskmanager the programm is still running but nothing will happen. Then i have to re-install all the components again. that means Windows 10, P3D and so on. Due to these re-installations i always have to re-activate the license by your company, also the PMDG 747. I'm so in dispear now and dont know what i can do. I bought P3D 3week ago and i cannot play. PLEASE help me.
I also tried to delete the Scenery.cfg and there was still the same problem.

My PC has the following components:

NZXT Source 340
RAM: 32GB G.Skill Trident Z
Graphiccard : ASUS GeForce GTX 1080Ti Strix O11G-Gaming
CPU: Intel 6700K @ 4GHzCPU
Cooler: NZXT Kraken X52
Mainboard: ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA
Powersuply: Corsair HX850i
HD: Samsung 960 EVO 500GB, 2TB HDD

Many thanks for your help and best regards
Andy from Switzerland
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Re: Prepared will not start anymore

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hi Andy,

Are you seeing any issues on a clean installation? We have general debugging steps here that may help isolate this issue:
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2&t=123246. Also if you are only seeing issues after installing add-on content please reach out to those developers as well.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead