Run as Administrator and thereafter...

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
bradley27

Run as Administrator and thereafter...

Post by bradley27 »

My previous installation of P3D 4.2 had coughed up a scenery error which i was unable to get any lasting support on at various forums. The base was 4.2 but i had been updating the individual sections right up to 4.5 including the hotfix.

This led me to decide to uninstall P3D and everything else all together which was quite a lengthy process.

I have a clean install now and got to installing 3rd party airports etc and am updating various aircraft, effect and script folders or trying to anyway.

As suggested i ran the P3D installer as the administrator on my PC (i am the only user on this PC) and the level of security on the windows slider is right down to the bottom also as suggested. So now what im finding is whenever i want to drag and drop texture files for AI traffic paints or lua scripts, effects etc or even edit cfg wordpad files im running into persistent checks every time 'You need to run as administrator' and its becoming really annoying already! I cant recall if i ran the installer back when i was on 4.2 but i know for sure i wasn't being nagged about 'are you sure you want to move this here' checks and being unable to add entrys to a cfg AI traffic file without saving it in a totally different way!?

Can anyone suggest what i can do please?
Bradley
AIG Flightplan & FAIB Beta Tester
downscc

Re: Run as Administrator and thereafter...

Post by downscc »

The typical advice is to not install P3D in the Program Files area to avoid the Windows Nanny from nagging you.

Mine has always been installed to C:\P3D\P3Dv4 and when v5 comes out it will go into C:\P3D\P3dv5.
Dan Downs
KCRP
bradley27

Post by bradley27 »

Its being an absolute pain in the ass!
Bradley
bradley27

Post by bradley27 »

Bumping again as i would like some guidance on what to do here please
Bradley