Upgrade to 4.5.12 or wait?

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
tommy2000

Upgrade to 4.5.12 or wait?

Post by tommy2000 »

Greetings,

New to P3D, old time flight sim guy. Bought and installed P3D a few months, really enjoy it. Definitely worth it!

Had not done an upgrade from any versions in past since so new on 4.4. Was looking on the forums to make sure I had the upgrade process understood and have noticed a number of posts showing fails/issues during/after upgrading to 4.5 and the hotfix.

What's everyone else that hasn't upgraded doing? I'm inclined to wait, looks like reverting back carries some issues as well.

Thanks!

Tom
Martyson

Re: Upgrade to 4.5.12 or wait?

Post by Martyson »

tommy2000 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:05 am Greetings,

New to P3D, old time flight sim guy. Bought and installed P3D a few months, really enjoy it. Definitely worth it!

Had not done an upgrade from any versions in past since so new on 4.4. Was looking on the forums to make sure I had the upgrade process understood and have noticed a number of posts showing fails/issues during/after upgrading to 4.5 and the hotfix.

What's everyone else that hasn't upgraded doing? I'm inclined to wait, looks like reverting back carries some issues as well.

Thanks!

Tom
Are you flying the default P3Dv4.4 without any Add-ons?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
tommy2000

Post by tommy2000 »

Hi,

I have Orbx, Active Sky, and Real TIme Traffic along with a the PDMG 777.

Thanks!

Tom
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

tommy2000 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 1:17 pm Hi,

I have Orbx, Active Sky, and Real TIme Traffic along with a the PDMG 777.

Thanks!

Tom
Are they all working without any problems with your P3Dv4.4?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
vafpilot

Post by vafpilot »

I just intalled the hotfix even though I had no reason to do so, however, I wanted to make sure I'm using the latest version. After installing the hotfix I wish I hadn't and will be going back to 4.5.11. Reason? The exterior lighting has been dimmed way too much for me.

The previous version worked fine and I could see where I was taxiing during night operations with just the taxi lights on: no longer. Now, I must turn on landing lights to be able to see at night. While an argument can be made that the exterior lights were a bit bright, LM (in my opinion) went too far with dimming them.

I also noticed a slight jitter when taxiing which wasn't present in the previous version.

Needless to say, I will be going back to the version prior to the hotfix. I can only hope the exterior lighting issue is corrected in future versions/updates to a level that will not require landing lights when taxiing.

My advice: if you aren't having any issues with 4.5.11 I'd definitely wait before updating.
Will Thomas