P3D Professional License

Post your feature requests here. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be commented on or that requested features will be implemented.
Jerrymc3

P3D Professional License

Post by Jerrymc3 »

(Utilize the Multichannel capability to increase performance on multi-screen and dome setups by running concurrently on multiple systems.) This is only available on the Professional Plus license. I'm currently running 2 copies of P3D4.5 on two computers, the 2nd to get side views. The problem is its not possible to sync AI traffic and weather on two machines. I've tried Wideview and Widetraffic but Widetraffic crashes P3D and Wideview lags Apparently support for that program is no longer available, I've gotten no replies to my inquires. I've also tried OpusFSI but it doesn't sync traffic. Would it be possible to have an intermediate license to use just the Multichannel capability from the Plus license? I'm retired and cannot afford the $2300 price tag but could possibly afford somewhat higher than $199. I'm sure there are other poor cockpit builders out there who would love to benefit from this feature.

Prosim737-800
Jerry
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus
i9-9900K 5.0 GHz
EVGA Liquid CPU Cooler
Gigabyte RTX 3090 TI 24GB
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 3600
Corsair RM1000x psu
Windows 10
(3) Vizio 42" lcd
P3Dv5.3, Prosim737
Opencockpits mcp, 2efis, 2fmc, Ovhd, Radios
Novawing24

Re: P3D Professional License

Post by Novawing24 »

Hi Jerry,

there is no functional difference between the Academic version and the Professional version, other than the removal of the Academic watermark.

What I believe you are trying to achieve is I believe unlikely to be possible. In regards to the AI traffic, if both computers were connected to a external AI injection source (eg VATSIM or PilotEdge) you may be able to see the same traffic, however you would have to use 2 accounts and connections to that service.

In regards to weather, in theory if you have copies of an external weather engine (eg ASP4 or REX SkyForce) you should get similar, however not identical weather portrayal. The only way to get the smae would be to have the same weather theme, or no weather in the sim and no AI traffic.

tl;dr, Professional Edition of P3D will not solve your issue.

Good Luck
Per Ardua Ad Astra

http://www.youtube.com/Novawing24
http://www.novawing24.com

All views my own except those that I have subconsciously inherited from my parents and those that I have nicked from far cleverer people.
WarpD

Post by WarpD »

Professional version should actually correct the issue. It allows one computer to be the master and the other one to be the slave.
Ed Wilson
Senior Developer
Mindstar Aviation
Novawing24

Post by Novawing24 »

WarpD wrote: Professional version should actually correct the issue. It allows one computer to be the master and the other one to be the slave.
Would that not require DIS? Which I understood was exclusive to Pro Plus?
Per Ardua Ad Astra

http://www.youtube.com/Novawing24
http://www.novawing24.com

All views my own except those that I have subconsciously inherited from my parents and those that I have nicked from far cleverer people.
Jerrymc3

Post by Jerrymc3 »

I have a licensed copy of P3Dv4.5 Professional running on both computers, not Academic. Its my understanding that the Professional Plus license would allow one computer to be the master and the other the slave so there would be one P3D program projecting to multiple computers/screens. I was just hoping that we could get that feature with the Professional License for an added charge.

Jerry
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus
i9-9900K 5.0 GHz
EVGA Liquid CPU Cooler
Gigabyte RTX 3090 TI 24GB
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 3600
Corsair RM1000x psu
Windows 10
(3) Vizio 42" lcd
P3Dv5.3, Prosim737
Opencockpits mcp, 2efis, 2fmc, Ovhd, Radios
WarpD

Post by WarpD »

Sorry, I meant Pro Plus... typo on my part.
Ed Wilson
Senior Developer
Mindstar Aviation