[RESOLVED] MULTIPLAYER PROBLEMS WITH MORE THAN 6 PLAYERS

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application's multiplayer mode
simskunkworks

[RESOLVED] MULTIPLAYER PROBLEMS WITH MORE THAN 6 PLAYERS

Post by simskunkworks »

Related to this thread:
http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic ... 6&t=120199
on Nov 2017
After 6 months: no news about that problem, no fixes, thread has been locked, as far we know the problem remain on all 3.4.x versions.
We are forced to remain on 3.2.3 that seems to be the last version where multiplayer does not show playesr out of syncro and positioning errors.
Despite the fact we did and reported test cases on above thread still no answers.
Customers care ?
SSW
cthurbernfa

Re: MULTIPLAYER PROBLEMS WITH MORE THAN 6 PLAYERS

Post by cthurbernfa »

I am having a similar situation with our setup. All clients have similar hardware: i7-6700K, 16GB DDR3/4, GTX1070, and 256GB m2SSD on a LAN with 1Gbps connections to and from clients/hosts (no more than two hops). Structured Simulation with 4 planes works fine. When I add the 5th and 6th planes, the FPS across all clients steadily drops in unison until reaching 3fps. From there each client will drop to one and either sit or crash altogether. This issue occurs with v3.2.3 and 3.4.x with all the hotfixes. From what we have noticed this does not correlate with any high usage of CPU, Memory, or network. I am happy to run any tests to help determine the cause of this issue.
simskunkworks

Re: MULTIPLAYER PROBLEMS WITH MORE THAN 6 PLAYERS

Post by simskunkworks »

The issue seems to have been solved on v.4 hotfix 1.
We made test up to 10 players with no syncro errors so far, we will continue to test however.
Hopefully we can jump from 3.2.3, the last worked ok in MP, to v 4.
cheers
/SSW