HDR Not Working in full screen mode

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
walterg74

HDR Not Working in full screen mode

Postby walterg74 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:06 pm

Hello,

I have an issue with HDR.

I use an HDR capable display, but when using P3D in full screen mode, HDR is not being used.

If I ALT-ENTER to Window mode, the HDR indicator on my display appears, and HDR is on again. ALT-ENTER back to full screen and it-s gone.

Strangely, if in full screen I go to setting, or press ESC, when menus appear, HDR gets activated again....

What's going on?

hawx2k

Re: HDR Not Working in full screen mode

Postby hawx2k » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:23 am

Hello,

I have similar issues in that P3D v4.5 is not picking up HDR correctly. For me it doesn't even make a difference if I'm in full-screen mode or windowed. It springs back and forth between HDR and non-HDR, so I ended up just disabling HDR in Windows.

Are we sure that P3D v4.5 is actually a native HDR application? The HDR settings within the application IMHO have nothing to do with the app's actual HDR display capabilities?

Thanks,

Jan

hawx2k

Postby hawx2k » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:34 pm

I stand corrected. I double-checked, and indeed when in Window mode HDR stays on consistently. Only in Full-Screen mode it constantly switches back and forth between SDR and HDR. Would indeed be nice to get it fixed.

As for hardware: I use a GTX 1080Ti in G-SYNC mode on an Acer Predator X27 HDR 4k monitor.

Jan

mahaggar

Postby mahaggar » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:35 am

I have same issues with similar hardware (monitor LG 27GL850-B) with GTX 1080Ti checked with and without G-SYNC enabled. I had to turn off HDR from Windows in order to make P3D v4.5 usable.

hawx2k

Postby hawx2k » Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:46 pm

We seem to be in such a niche of a niche market that no one can be even remotely bothered with our trouble :).

Return to “Hardware Specific Questions”