Install issue, Loss of throttle control, and brakes.

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
donjbravo

Install issue, Loss of throttle control, and brakes.

Post by donjbravo »

I writing to ask if there is anyone else that is having the same issues as me with regard to starting P3D4.5, along with a throttle controller issue and brakes.

Starting the simulator.
When I start P3D4.5, I can see the software starting to load on the screen, at the same time, and then if it's the first install of the day, the P3D4.5 program doesn't load. If you double click P3D again, it loads again, but this time works fine, and every thing loads up as it should. I have a 3 projector setup, and I can see two separate mouse icons on the screen that move about in parallel. I don't know if this is correct or not?

Is this what I should expect?

FDS Throttle Quadrant
I have had a FDS throttle assembly for about 4 years now and it has worked fine all this time, until recently when PMDG or P3D updated their software. I initially thought I had an issue with the hardware, and FDS sent a new PCB right away. When I tested this in a HP laptop without any simulator software, everything worked just fine.

When I attached it to the PC, via USB, it works in that I can calibrate all the axis, and buttons, except the right engine fuel start/ cut off switch, is showing for some reason as permanently ON, which is incorrect.

After a while the USB seems to just freeze, and then nothing works, although windows reports the status of the game controller as OK. Removing the USB to try and reset it, crashes the P3D to desktop. The USB port was changed to another but with the same effect, i.e. works fine for a random amount of time, except fuel cut off assignment switch, then just freezes during any stage of flight.

PC is new, I9 CPU, Z390 motherboard, 2 x RX2070Ti graphic cards, etc. PC suppliers asked to update all software, where applicable, so NVidia drivers updated, and Windows 1909 installed, no change at all. Thought it might be something to do with the saved panel scenario's facility in the FMS, which I haven't checked yet, as I have never used this facility before, and just saved the scenario with everything on and connected, and to date this has worked fine for me, as I only use the 737-800 NGXu aircraft.

Brakes
Has anyone else had the problem that when you apply the brakes after landing that they a) just come on, and that the braking isn't proportional to the braking movement, (I have an OC rudder / brake assembly) that despite maximum, braking isn't that good, but at the end it brings the aircraft to a complete stop whether you want to or not on the runway?

Everything worked perfectly before PMDG started changing everything around, for what reason reason escapes me, as not everyone has been able to simulate all the various functions of a fully automated 737 throttle assembly unless you buy a CFY fully motorised throttle, something I might have to consider.

Can I ask the more computer savvy pilots and simmers out there is there is anything they can think of that is giving me these issues, as I would really appreciate your help, or whether you know of something has been introduced in the software that is now giving us these issues, we didn't have before.

Happy flying

Don
Martyson

Re: Install issue, Loss of throttle control, and brakes.

Post by Martyson »

Don,

Is this looking like the same problem you had last year:?
viewtopic.php?f=6313&t=133813&p=199262#p199262
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
donjbravo

Post by donjbravo »

Vaughn

Thank you for your quick reply.

Since last year the whole computer has been changed, so whilst I had some issues these were resolved with the a combination of FSUIPC and PMDG updates. For the keyboard, this something simpler, in that the on / off switch was faulty.

Regards

Don
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Don,

Is the problem you ask about in this post fixed now?
Best Regards,
donjbravo

Post by donjbravo »

Vaughan

The previous problem was in fact fixed.

My apologies if I hadn’t updated this on the website.

I now have the issues as detailed in this latest post.

Best regards

Don
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Don,

Is your current problem basically the same as the problem you posted here?:
Best Regards,
donjbravo

Post by donjbravo »

Vaughan

Have we not just come full circle?

These latest issues have nothing to do with last years.

Best regards

Don
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Don,

Is your PC a home built PC or a name brand store purchased PC?

Run through all the General Debugging Steps:
viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=123246

Note:
The reason I asked if your current problem was basically the same as the one you posted here:

is because it it involved the throttle and you never replied to close the post or provide any feedback.
Best Regards,