[ANSWERED] Prepar3D® Developer Network Program Licence

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
Premek

Post by Premek »

I'm sorry to re-new the question in another branch, but as I didn't get answer in different thread (http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/?mingle ... pic&t=2987) I'm curios whether I put it to the right place:

Answer from Lockheed-Martin people would be welcomed.

Gentlemen, could you please explain me what should I expect under the term 'Prepar3D® Developer Network Program'?

I've bought this license and I'm more than confused...

Is it really meant seriously there's no technical support mail address and only way to ask technical questions is here on forum?

I could not believe that. Please tell me I'm wrong.

Many thanks,

Premek

Software Developer

xht-labs.com
LCSims

Post by LCSims »

I am not a L-M person, but since you keep posting the same question I thought it warrants someone to respond.

These forums are the support venue. For $9.95 per month to hope for a wider scope method of support is not reasonable. I would believe that if you desire some type of software maintenance that L-M would be happy to discuss annual contracts, but at a rather large cost.

Checking the web site listed in your signature I see work done in FSX. What type of support system did you get from Microsoft?

If you cannot believe that forums are the primary support venue, I would suggest canceling the Developer's License, as that's what $9.95 is going to buy you today.
Premek

Post by Premek »

Even I asked initially for answer from L-M I'm so frustrated now I'm happy at least anyone noticed this question - thanks LCSims :-)

Well I know, the 9.95$ is really not a significant amount of money, but I'm afraid the issue is bit different. I send PM to LM guys here on forum with no response, so than asked via mail support@prepar3d.com but got an answer that "We do not provide email technical support for Prepar3D, ask on forum". The problem is you'll get the same automaton's answer if you do not ask technical questions at all :-(

I'm perfectly okay when it is openly stated that for 9.95 monthly I'll be just allowed to be a developer, but check the License Comparison (http://www.prepar3d.com/product-overvie ... omparison/)

There's said that you'll get gain to an "additional development tools and resources." So hence asking what does it exactly mean - that's it.

Anyway, thanks again you raised that topic - hopefully it'll help someone from LM will noticed it too ;-)
Premek

Post by Premek »

Hi minime

Thanks for answer and try to help.

Actually, I'm not asking for any special software maintenance. I'm just curious what is the difference between developer's licence and others from developers point of view.

Why the Developer's licence is even proposed - I cannot see what advantages this gives me comparing to other two versions - when the only support is here on forum for all the users and developers.

>>I never actually did receive any useful reply, other than "please write your request into the forum"

THIS is what makes me really sad - it's not about the money, it's about the approach.... :-(

Thanks again.

WBard

Post by WBard »

We appreciate the feedback and have updated the license comparison page to more clearly state the benefits of the developer network program. We remain pleased to offer two copies of Prepar3D to developers along with a free software development kit which includes tools as well as free sdk documentation with code samples.
Premek

Post by Premek »

Thanks for the answer.