Wrong Aircraft positioning

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
saveriomangione

Wrong Aircraft positioning

Post by saveriomangione »

Hi all,

for quite a while I've been experiencing something quite strange. When I start P3D V 4.5 and choose where to position my aircraft on the ground the aircraft will always e positioned at the entry of the runwayrather than at th gate/parking chosen. How come? Can somebody tell me how to overcome this issue?
Thanks a lot
Best
Saverio
Saverio Mangione

Windows 11 ~ P3D V5 ~ Intel Core i5 10600K @ 4.80GHz ~ 32GB RAM ~ Nvidia GeForce GTX 3080 ~ PMDG 737NGXu, 747-400, 777 LR+ER, Aerosoft Professional A320/321/330 ~ Oculus Rift S
Martyson

Re: Wrong Aircraft positioning

Post by Martyson »

saveriomangione wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:56 am Hi all,

for quite a while I've been experiencing something quite strange. When I start P3D V 4.5 and choose where to position my aircraft on the ground the aircraft will always e positioned at the entry of the runwayrather than at th gate/parking chosen. How come? Can somebody tell me how to overcome this issue?
Thanks a lot
Best
Saverio
Give an example of the steps you use to select the aircraft positioning.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
saveriomangione

Martyson wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:51 am

Thanks a lot
Best
Saverio
Hi,

below my steps:

- VEHICLE - CHANGE VEHICLE
- LOCATION - CHANGE AIRPORT - SELECT ICAO AND STARTING LOCATION

I make all the due changes and, well, the aircraft is positioned at the runway entry corridor … whatever the airport

Thanks

Saverio
Saverio Mangione

Windows 11 ~ P3D V5 ~ Intel Core i5 10600K @ 4.80GHz ~ 32GB RAM ~ Nvidia GeForce GTX 3080 ~ PMDG 737NGXu, 747-400, 777 LR+ER, Aerosoft Professional A320/321/330 ~ Oculus Rift S
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

saveriomangione wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:14 pm
Martyson wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:51 am

Thanks a lot
Best
Saverio
Hi,

below my steps:

- VEHICLE - CHANGE VEHICLE
- LOCATION - CHANGE AIRPORT - SELECT ICAO AND STARTING LOCATION

I make all the due changes and, well, the aircraft is positioned at the runway entry corridor … whatever the airport

Thanks

Saverio
"SELECT ICAO AND STARTING LOCATION "

Did you see another information and selection screen after that?

Which , for example, did did you select?
I will then test the same.

Edit:
Are you using P3Dv4.5 HF1?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
downscc

Post by downscc »

I assume you are selecting an Airport using the appropriate ICAO and then selecting the gate from the drop down list in the lower left side of the Select Airport window? If this is not starting with you at the selected gate then we are missing something from the steps you take.
Dan Downs
KCRP
saveriomangione

downscc wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:19 pm I assume you are selecting an Airport using the appropriate ICAO and then selecting the gate from the drop down list in the lower left side of the Select Airport window? If this is not starting with you at the selected gate then we are missing something from the steps you take.
Sorry to reply to your post so late, but in the meantime I found the solution. The problem depended on the initial sequence, i.e. if I wanted the aircraft to be positioned where I wanted it to be, I had to proceed in the following order:

1_ Select the aircraft in the first box in the top left corner
2_ Select the flightplan in the lower left corner
3_ Select the airport and the desired gate or parking area in the top right hand corner
4_ select time of day and the remaining information in the bottom left corner

If the sequence does not unfold as described above, the aircraft will not be positioned where it is intended.

Thanks anyway fo your help

Best

Saverio
Saverio Mangione