[RESOLVED] Startproblems Prepar3D v.4.4

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
jopoloco

[RESOLVED] Startproblems Prepar3D v.4.4

Post by jopoloco »

Hello ladies or gentlemen,

I have heavy startproblems. First I get the splashscreen and then ínto that splashscreen the screen 'building date base for new scenery'. But I don't have new scenery. This screen I got only when I installed a new airport.Then mostly I get a screen in the splashscreen that it's installing an airfield. After that, and I know that, or a black screen or then 'the warningscreen that Prepar must be shut down. And that twice.

Ok. I do that and then I startup Prepar again. And then the screen 'prepar is already running' appears. But I don't see anything. Waiting half an hour, nothing.

After trying 5 or 6 times finally I get the Prepar scenario screen.

Ik made a repair installation but nothing helps.

So I hope you can help me to avoid reinstallations of my 65 airfields.

With kindly regards,

Jopoloco. (Netherlands).
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Re: Startproblems Prepar3D v.4.4

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hi Jopoloco,

Have you gone through our general debugging steps? This may help isolate the issue. Also have you tried updating to v4.5?
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2&t=123246

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
jopoloco

Post by jopoloco »

Thanks for help.

It is so that I get the screen 'loading terrain data' before the prepar scenario screen.
Prepar is then standing in the, I don't know the just name, behind applications. With very hight energy use fo the GPU.
Then I ended this item and I try again a new start of p3d and then it's a gamble if I can fly.
Many days I'm searching what's wrong but I cannot find the problem/
When Prepar is standing in the 'behind applications' I see in details : not allowed.
At this moment I have the latest Windows update and the Prepar V4.5 what you said to do.

My PC is in Dutch language. So I don't know the just Englis names. Sorry for that.

Do you know what is reale the problem? It's the starting an airfield to early.

I hope that it's clearly for you. My GPU is Geforce GTX 1070. Never had problems before two weeks ago.
I have the latest driver from NVidia.
It's strange that sometimes it's going well. So, what is the "bandit"?

Hope you can help me furthermore.

Kindly regards

Jopoloco.
jopoloco

Post by jopoloco »

Hi Rob McCarthy,

It has been solved. The "bandit" is my Joystick of 15 years old. Prepar starts up well without connection of the Joystick
After the prepar Scenario screen I connect my Joystick. Before shutdown Prepar I disconnect the Joystick.
The Joystick is temporary because my VirtualFlight YOKO yoke is in reparation and yes, the problems began with installing the driver for the Logitech Joystick.

So, now I'm happy and thanks for your help.

With kindly regards

Jopoloco.