DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D website and web apps.
RFERNANDMEX

Re: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

Post by RFERNANDMEX »

Please, Help us with this problem.
Today I reinstalled Prepar3D V5 after change from Nvidia GPU GTX-1060 to Nvidia RTX-2070 Super (8 GB VRAM).
I saw in other sections of this Forum that the problem is big and common and apears inclusive with bether PC's.
Yesterday I had the problem like others when I was landing in MMPE and the plane crash at 200 ft over the airport.
Other problem that discovered is that the instruments of the planes are unconfigured or failed at the moment to set parameters like Altitude in the G1000 or Autopilot.
What we are going to expect?, are you working whit a Hot Fix or other Prepar3D V5 repared?
We apreciate your soon attention
vjeanmarc

Post by vjeanmarc »

Yes, it's a shame to pay for a beta version.
At least for MSFS I do it for free because I am voluntary and accept bugs ....
douradiallo

Post by douradiallo »

Hi guys,
i'm new in this forum and i began to use P3D V5 since yesterday. I've the same problem. I tried all helps from the internet but the problem still appears. I need help then in this forum. I updated the driver of my GPU.

My PC:
WINDOWS 10 (1909)
CPU i5 3600
GPU Nvidia GTX-1070
VRAM 8 GB
RAM DDR4 64 GB

Thanks for your helps
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

douradiallo wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 12:18 am Hi guys,
i'm new in this forum and i began to use P3D V5 since yesterday. I've the same problem. I tried all helps from the internet but the problem still appears. I need help then in this forum. I updated the driver of my GPU.

My PC:
WINDOWS 10 (1909)
CPU i5 3600
GPU Nvidia GTX-1070
VRAM 8 GB
RAM DDR4 64 GB

Thanks for your helps
Did P3D work yesterday when you first installed it?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
douradiallo

Post by douradiallo »

Yes it still works but the "DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG" appears und i must end the P3D
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

douradiallo wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 9:25 pm Yes it still works but the "DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG" appears und i must end the P3D
Have you or are you using Riva Tuner Statistics Server or RTSS?
Best Regards,
douradiallo

Post by douradiallo »

No i haven't this
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

douradiallo wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 2:02 am No i haven't this
Have you installed any Add-ons?
Best Regards,
wilco346

Post by wilco346 »

Hi fellow Aviators,

I just wanted to report my problems with the mentioned error as well, in order to get this sorted or help to find the root of this.

I just did a clean install of the newest P3Dv5 on a brand new system and the problem exclusively appears when I keep switching views.

I can almost recreate it 100% when I´m in the NGXu und switch from wing view to virtual-cockpit.

Only Add-Ons running at that stage were GSX and FlyTampas CYUL, as well as PMDGs NGXu.

The error keeps happening on default airports as well, even with the mentioned Add-Ons disabled, once again: just when switching through the views from wing-view to virtual-cockpit.

I tried different versions of Nvidia GPU drivers as well as playing around with the settings, but nothing seems to help on a long shot.

System:
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
Geforce RTX 2070 Super
32GB RAM DDR-4 -3200
MSI X570 Pro Board

thanks to everyone trying to help and figuring this out! :-)
joefackel

Post by joefackel »

wilco346 wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:09 am thanks to everyone trying to help and figuring this out! :-)
There is a good chance that your gfx card has an factory overclocking that is to high for a demanding app like P3D. If you can't (or won't) downclock it slightly you can try to alter the TDR setting of Windows.

Here you can find infos about this registry setting:
https://docs.substance3d.com/spdoc/gpu- ... obechanged?
System: 9900k - 32GB - 1080ti

Sim: P3D v5, ORBX Global, openLC, AS4 + SF3D, EZDOK3, ProSIM 737, GSX2, AIM OIC, PATC
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

wilco346 wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:09 am Hi fellow Aviators,

I just wanted to report my problems with the mentioned error as well, in order to get this sorted or help to find the root of this.

I just did a clean install of the newest P3Dv5 on a brand new system and the problem exclusively appears when I keep switching views.

I can almost recreate it 100% when I´m in the NGXu und switch from wing view to virtual-cockpit.

Only Add-Ons running at that stage were GSX and FlyTampas CYUL, as well as PMDGs NGXu.

The error keeps happening on default airports as well, even with the mentioned Add-Ons disabled, once again: just when switching through the views from wing-view to virtual-cockpit.

I tried different versions of Nvidia GPU drivers as well as playing around with the settings, but nothing seems to help on a long shot.

System:
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
Geforce RTX 2070 Super
32GB RAM DDR-4 -3200
MSI X570 Pro Board

thanks to everyone trying to help and figuring this out! :-)
"I can almost recreate it 100% when I´m in the NGXu und switch from wing view to virtual-cockpit. "
It has not been released for P3Dv5 yet.

Did you have this problem when you first tested P3D before any Add-ons?

What were you doing when you got the error e.g., using default ATC etc?

Have you seen any other reports of the problem with your same setup?
Best Regards,
wilco346

Post by wilco346 »

There is a good chance that your gfx card has an factory overclocking that is to high for a demanding app like P3D. If you can't (or won't) downclock it slightly you can try to alter the TDR setting of Windows.
That's a really good point, haven´t thought about that yet...My GPU is slightly overclocked. I´ll try to figure out how to scale the clocking down a little in the upcoming days! Thanks for that tip! I tried to alter the TDR settings, which unfortunately didn´t showed any impact.

It has not been released for P3Dv5 yet
I'm aware of that, I was just afraid something might be wrong with my setup, as it seems everybody is using their NGXu without any problems in v5 already.

The problem occurs less since I turned off the HDR lighting, still I only keep getting it while changing views.
I haven´t used any ATC, but it also occurred with default aircraft and default airports, it just took a little longer to happen.

I haven´t seen or received any other reports with the same setup. Everything runs really smoothly until the DXGI Error shows up.

Thanks for your effort! Highly appreciated! :-)
Stijn_W

Post by Stijn_W »

I was flying online today when suddenly my p3d v5 crashed again. I started p3d v5 again and started a flight and I got the known DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG. I was flying the p3d v5 PMDG 737 ngxu. Newest AMD 20.7.1 drivers. RX 5700 XT
Ryzen 7 3800X, 32GB ram, RX 5700 XT, 4TB HDD, 1TB M.2 ssd boot, 1TB M.2 ssd games
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

Is:

1. Your windows 10 up to v. 2004? and

2. Is this aircraft v. 5 compatible?

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Stijn_W wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:00 pm I was flying online today when suddenly my p3d v5 crashed again. I started p3d v5 again and started a flight and I got the known DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG. I was flying the p3d v5 PMDG 737 ngxu. Newest AMD 20.7.1 drivers. RX 5700 XT
@Stijn_W
You mentioned:
"I was flying online today when suddenly my p3d v5 crashed again. "

Which on-line software?

What type of crash did you have when flying on-line?

Was this the first time you had a crash flying on-line?

What type of flight gave the DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG?
For example was it a new flight, saved flight, On-line flight or possibly using LM P3D ATC?

I fly the PMDG737NGXu for P3Dv4.5HF3 and P3Dv5HF2 and all is ok on my setup.
Best Regards,