dark cockpit while flying

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D website and web apps.
Martyson

Re: dark cockpit while flying

Postby Martyson » Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:36 pm

Do all the General Debugging Steps:
viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=123246
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

perohijo

Postby perohijo » Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:29 pm

I can't find any reason why this is happening. I started the airplanes with the normal procedures, and the payware ones I started them both, with the normal procedures, or with their interface for ready to taxi or ready for take off. The problem occurs with any of those settings which tells me something else is causing the problem.

Martyson

Postby Martyson » Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:38 pm

I can't find any reason why this is happening. I started the airplanes with the normal procedures, and the payware ones I started them both, with the normal procedures, or with their interface for ready to taxi or ready for take off. The problem occurs with any of those settings which tells me something else is causing the problem.
Did you do all the General Debugging Steps?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

perohijo

Postby perohijo » Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:52 pm

I need to make sure to which exact folder you are referring to.
%PROGRAMDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4
%APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

Just the Prepar3D v4 folders? or the Lockheed Martin as well? You say this action will remove all the add ons? Does that include ORBX? do I need to uninstall ORBX from their interface first? I'm not going to start deleting folders or files without knowing exactly what add ons are going to be affected and maybe causing more problems besides, I have quiet a bit of ORBX scenery installed.

perohijo

Postby perohijo » Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:56 pm

Everything on my computer is up to date since I like to keep up with it, and regarding NVIDIA settings, I can't find the option you requested on the NVIDIA control panel.

perohijo

Postby perohijo » Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:59 pm

I refer to the " Preferred graphics processor" settings, which do not show on the NVIDIA control panel. MY GPU is the EVGA Geforce RTX 2080 Super. Performance is not an issue and I have plenty of memory and CPU power as well.

Martyson

Postby Martyson » Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:03 pm

I need to make sure to which exact folder you are referring to.
%PROGRAMDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4
%APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

Just the Prepar3D v4 folders? or the Lockheed Martin as well? You say this action will remove all the add ons? Does that include ORBX? do I need to uninstall ORBX from their interface first? I'm not going to start deleting folders or files without knowing exactly what add ons are going to be affected and maybe causing more problems besides, I have quiet a bit of ORBX scenery installed.
Ok, I see you have a lot more than a basic install of P3D and just a couple Add-ons.

To get back to a default P3D :
Best to contact your Add-on providers for full instructions on their products for uninstalling and installing.
That would include information on doing full uninstalls of all your Add-ons.
Follow their instructions.

Then Uninstall P3D.
Download a fresh copy of P3D.
Verify the Checksum.
Install P3D.
Test P3D in a default state.
Reinstall Your Add-ons one at a time.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

perohijo

Postby perohijo » Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:06 pm

Ok so, I reinstalled P3D and have been installed addons one at a time. I just added the Milviz Beaver 2 to test scenery performance and it was going great. the problem I see now after I installed ORBX Global is that when I install an airport P3D doesn't ask if I want to add the scenery when its loading. So of course, the airport is not showing. Usually when I add anything P3D ask me but is not doing it.

perohijo

Postby perohijo » Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:09 pm

I did all the steps required, and although I am not seen the problem with the dark cockpit so far, P3D is not asking if I want to add scenery.

Martyson

Postby Martyson » Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:25 pm

For the Orbx problem it would be best to post in Orbx support forum.

For future P3D situations it is best to start a new topic in the other P3D forum support areas.
This P3D area is for questions on P3D Website and Download questions.

I am glad to hear your original problem is now resolved.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

Return to “Prepar3D Website and Download Questions”