Unusual ground texture morphing/rendering

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
fsgeek91

Re: Unusual ground texture morphing/rendering

Post by fsgeek91 »

ianrivaldosmith wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 11:10 pm This is a known issue I believe. I too posted about it a month or so ago, when P3DV5 came out. Apparently there is nothing you can do about it. Various YouTube videos show this too. To really see it happen, try flying around the island of Madeira. That’s when it’s at its worst. The advice I was given? Don’t fly in Madeira.... yup!

Add this to the stuttering game engine and you have =
Immersion killer! For IFR pilots, maybe they turn a blind eye. For VFR, it destroys the sim!
This matches closely with my experience that the problem is worse when there are steep changes in terrain elevation close to the runway.

I think the best I can do is keep the discussion alive to maintain visibility to the development team.

BR,

Louis
Louis Vallance | P3D v5.3 (no shaders) | i9-9900K (OC @4.8GHz) | RTX 2080 v457.30 (no OC) | 32GB @2133MHz | Windows 10 20H2
joeblack1970

Post by joeblack1970 »

ianrivaldosmith wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 11:10 pm This is a known issue I believe. I too posted about it a month or so ago, when P3DV5 came out. Apparently there is nothing you can do about it. Various YouTube videos show this too. To really see it happen, try flying around the island of Madeira. That’s when it’s at its worst. The advice I was given? Don’t fly in Madeira.... yup!

Immersion killer! For IFR pilots, maybe they turn a blind eye. For VFR, it destroys the sim!
I Conferme!!!!!!
joeblack1970

Post by joeblack1970 »

fsgeek91 wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:02 am

This matches closely with my experience that the problem is worse when there are steep changes in terrain elevation close to the runway.

I think the best I can do is keep the discussion alive to maintain visibility to the development team.

BR,

Louis
I conferme!!!!!
Alox

Post by Alox »

Hi.

I also have this in P3D V4 and P3D V5, I believe this has existed since Microsoft Flight Simulator X. P3D is made under the code of this old simulator. In the video attached you can better appreciate this problem from 0:21 to 0:22 and from 0:30 to 0:32.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/erommr0tl7yh0 ... g.mp4?dl=0

Maybe you find a solution in V6 or V7 :P.

Regards.
fsgeek91

Post by fsgeek91 »

Alox wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 5:22 pm Hi.

I also have this in P3D V4 and P3D V5, I believe this has existed since Microsoft Flight Simulator X. P3D is made under the code of this old simulator. In the video attached you can better appreciate this problem from 0:21 to 0:22 and from 0:30 to 0:32.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/erommr0tl7yh0 ... g.mp4?dl=0

Maybe you find a solution in V6 or V7 :P.

Regards.
That's a good example because not only does it capture the ground morphing effect, but also texture switching!

I'm aware that P3D is based on the old ESP stuff, but with all the new technologies and fixes that have been added over the years I really hoped for this problem to have been fixed.
Louis Vallance | P3D v5.3 (no shaders) | i9-9900K (OC @4.8GHz) | RTX 2080 v457.30 (no OC) | 32GB @2133MHz | Windows 10 20H2