SDK Autogen AGN Info Needed

SDK supports Prepar3D’s philosophy of an open development architecture and encourages third parties to bring new innovations with improved add-ons and training content.
fsdreamscapes

Post by fsdreamscapes »

Hi Guys,

I'm from FS Dreamscapes and have been developing USA continent wide photoscenery/orthoimagery for use with ESP/FSX and one thing I was talking with Tim about back in ESP days was finding out if there would be a way to know the format of the AGN (autogen) files and if there may be a way to get that info into an SDK?

With the vast amount of commercial raster data I have for both the USA and Europe I have clients who are very interested in having 3D vegetation and buildings in our final renderings and unfortunately Microsoft never shared any details about the autogen format. Their SDK autogen annotator is something that has to all be placed by hand.

I've got the tools and datasets to generate master rasters for 90% accurate vegetation within the terrain but there's no current way to automatically generate the AGN files from the source datasets I can develop.

I'm wondering if:

A) the AGN format can be listed in the SDK's

or

B) I could work with you guys on a tool that can take GIS data and be able to generate massive tracts of AGN from that data

Unfortunately the Autogen Annotator is designed for tile based imagery rather than large orthoimagery datasets.

Kindest Regards,

Dean Mountford.

FS Dreamscapes / Mission Aware Technologies
EarthSimulations

Post by EarthSimulations »

Hi Dean

:) I think we have the tools now to make use of your data if you're interested in discussing? We're primarily UK based and focussed, but have been looking at ways recently to try and extend our reach and presence across the pond, and we're more than happy to consider collaboration as a possibility. Anyway , if you'd be interested drop me an e-mail from the ES site.
fsdreamscapes

Post by fsdreamscapes »

Hi Darren.

Will drop you an email at the ES site. Just looking through the trees now, looks promising.