Exit Simdirector Loose Slew

Discuss on the SimConnect SDK can be used by programmers to write add-on components for Prepar3D
flynby

Exit Simdirector Loose Slew

Post by flynby »

Using P3dv4.3. Each time I exit SimDirector and get back to flight I am working in; I loose the ability to slew in that flight.
Pressing the *Y* stop's working. If I close the fligh and open a new scenario using the same flight, the slew becomes active again. Have I got a setting incorrect? Where would I check for this? In the controls, the Y is shown for the slew.
Brady Butler
Lockheed Martin

Re: Exit Simdirector Loose Slew

Post by Brady Butler »

Hello flynby,

Before you exit the scenario you're editing, add the RealismOverrides object to the scenario. This will enable slew in that scenario.

Regards,
Brady
Brady Butler
Prepar3D® Software Engineer
flynby

Post by flynby »

I have been reading about this "add the RealismOverrides object to the scenario"; but I must be doing something wrong because I find no option for this selection. Does it show when you Save As? Is there a option in the SimDirector settings?
Does a window pop up with the choice? Appreciate any help.
robystar

Post by robystar »

I tried it, Jon, but I cannot find that "Realism Overrides object" either.
Exiting the SimDirector I end up on my default flight and slewing will work again on my rig but a lot of other things go haywire (like my carrier object that was flooded by water :-) ). It all settled down after a while after slewing away from the carrier and then go back to it.
Sure hope Brady will find the time to give you some more cues as to how!

Cheers,

Roby
Brady Butler
Lockheed Martin

Post by Brady Butler »

Hello,

While in SimDirector, the object can be found in the Scenario Objects section as listed in the learning center here: https://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv4/scenario ... oup%20Goal

Regards,
Brady
Brady Butler
Prepar3D® Software Engineer