Progressive/linear command

Discussion related to Mission design and creation.
Kamoulox

Progressive/linear command

Post by Kamoulox »

Hi everybody, and again sorry for my poor english...

I'm wondering if it's possible, in SimDirector, to give the plane a rotation angle but in a linear or progressive way? Actually I can trigger a rotation on the main axis but it has a binary behavior... I'm trying to script or set a complete flight from take of to landing, but with the dynamique and simulation from P3D software (I don't know if it's clear :/), maybe there is a way the plane follow waypoint (like NAV/GPS in Prepar3D), but actually it's not working. I don't know if there a simple way to say "hey now go to that point, turn with X° angle, go to 2000 feet etc....

Thanks,
skelley

Re: Progressive/linear command

Post by skelley »

I just now saw your post ans was wondering if you resolved the question. What I have done in the past is to use the flight instructor mode to record a flight so that all of the control movements are captured. Once that has been saved in the xml file you can edit the text to get the desired result. It isn't perfect but I have been able to get demo scenarios to perform reasonably well. One issue I found is that the xml commands seem to be processed at the fps rate and there is a big difference between a flight recorded and played back using this method. You end up needing to remove many of the stored commands to get the timings right.

There may be a much more elegant way to do this but this is what I did.