I am an airport owner, How can you improve airport scenery so it is realistic

Discussion related to terrain/scenery design.
nski96

I am an airport owner, How can you improve airport scenery so it is realistic

Post by nski96 »

My family owns Bellefonte Airport N96. I just got V4 and a newbie. Our airport is not depicted very well at all. Is there a way to improve this. Is there someone I can contact about learning how. Is there a person that would volunteer to talk to me on the phone about it. So we don't have to type alot. I can be contacted at the airport phone number and could set a time for a phone call.
Saul

Re: I am an airport owner, How can you improve airport scenery so it is realistic

Post by Saul »

You could make a freeware addon available by using tools like Airport Design Editor. Or you could commission a competent Airport designer to do it for you. You'll find lots of help available at https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/
nski96

Re: I am an airport owner, How can you improve airport scenery so it is realistic

Post by nski96 »

Thanks Saul, anyone else have any suggetions
Larry_R

Post by Larry_R »

Hello,

A big hurdle in developing an airport is getting good photos that can be used as textures for the various structures. As much as possible, every façade should be photographed 'straight on'. I'd suggest putting together a brief portfolio, examples of what you could provide along with other pertinent info. Although your families' airport is a bit smaller than most current Orbx projects, it would not hurt to write to Orbx directly. There is a link you can use on the OrbxDirect website.

Good luck,
Orbx Developer
Gigabyte GA z270x-ud5 mobo, Intel i7 7700k 4.2GHz, Corsair DDR4 3866 16 gig, Gigabyte Raedon VII, Win 10, Evo 960 NvMe 2TB FSX, P3D v3.4, v4.x, v5.x
Jerrymc3

Post by Jerrymc3 »

I requested a couple of airports from Orbx for their freeware Global Airport pack. KLNC-Lancaster, TX and KJSO-Cherokee County Airport-Jacksonville, TX(my home town) and they did both of them. They did a very good job on them, I was impressed.

Jerry
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus
i9-9900K 5.0 GHz
EVGA Liquid CPU Cooler
Gigabyte RTX 3090 TI 24GB
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 3600
Corsair RM1000x psu
Windows 10
(3) Vizio 42" lcd
P3Dv5.3, Prosim737
Opencockpits mcp, 2efis, 2fmc, Ovhd, Radios
scott99frc

Post by scott99frc »

nski96 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:45 am My family owns Bellefonte Airport N96. I just got V4 and a newbie. Our airport is not depicted very well at all. Is there a way to improve this. Is there someone I can contact about learning how. Is there a person that would volunteer to talk to me on the phone about it. So we don't have to type alot. I can be contacted at the airport phone number and could set a time for a phone call.
I could try to make it match Google Earth , if that would work for you .