Undocking Panels and VC Views

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
draci

Undocking Panels and VC Views

Post by draci »

To set up my standard scenario in P3d v5 in the PMDG 747 v3 I try to undock panels and custom camera views and drag them to multiple additional touch screen monitors. In this context the following three problems arise:

1. When I try to save standard scenarios with the panels and views undocked, usually the saved scenarios cannot be loaded anymore. Sometimes, however, this miraculously works, I assume somehow depending on which panels are undocked and where they are dragged to. So far, I haven't figured out what exactly prevents a saved scenario from reloadingand why for some panel and position arrangements this works nevertheless. Perhaps somebody out there can provide further insight?

2. The undocked panels show an ugly white title bar which I would like to remove, but even in the P3D SDK, I haven't found a way to remove this title bar. Does anybody know whether this is possible?

3. My undocked views and panels partially overlap. Then it gets important which view is drawn on top of which other. For panels this is easy to accomplish using the zorder control in the panel.cfg. However, for undocked custom camera views I haven't found a way to control the drawing order.

It would be great if anybody knowledgeable could comment on these three questions,

thanks so much in advance.
draci