Default Radio Frequency on Start

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
roadrabbit

Default Radio Frequency on Start

Post by roadrabbit »

Is there a way to change the default start-up radio frequency (typically on Comm 1) to a new frequency?

Thnks in advance for any guidance,

rr
Intel i9900K Super @ 3.60 GHz, nVidia RTX 2080i 11 GB DDR6 RAM,
32 GB DDR4 RAM, 2TB HDD, 1TB SSD, 500 GB SSD, ASUSTek Z390-Plus,
Orbx Global & Vector, True Earth & airports; UK2000 eXtreme
airports; PreparDv5.3 Hotfix 2; vPilot; AS for P3Dv5;
Martyson

Re: Default Radio Frequency on Start

Post by Martyson »

roadrabbit wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:48 am Is there a way to change the default start-up radio frequency (typically on Comm 1) to a new frequency?

rr
Hello rr,

Yes, just set up your flight and save it.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
roadrabbit

Post by roadrabbit »

Yes - I am aware of saving each scenario, and it does solve my problem in one way. The result for me would be hundreds of separate scenarios saved which gives two further problems: firstly it takes up memory space; secondly it would be just as quick, if not quicker, to tune in the radio on each occasion.

I have found the the file where the default radio frequencies are stored:

C:\ ...........Users\Name\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3Dv4\

Scroll down to:

Prepar3D_Default.fxml

Open this file in 'Notepad' and scroll down about 3/4 of the file to find:

<Section Name="Avionics.0">

The first line under this heading shows the Comm1 frequency used as the default. Edit the frequency itself to the one required. Take care not to change any other part of this entry.

Click on <File---->Save> and shut Notepad. Re-boot your computer. Go to the file <Prepar3D_Default.fxml> and check that the edited file has been saved correctly.

Note: I believe that the way Prepar3Dv4 uses this file is to activate it each time an aircraft is added to Prepar3Dv4. My reasoning here is because if you now fire up an aircraft loaded prior to this file edit, it has already used the previous default values. Thus if you want an aircraft to use the new default you need to either uninstall/re-install that aircraft, or somehow get into the aircraft files themselves. Perhaps deleting the aircraft .cfg file would do this if it the rebuilds when the aircraft is loaded up. I would be interested to hear from someone more knowledgeable and computer literate than I am.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

roadrabbit wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:48 am Is there a way to change the default start-up radio frequency (typically on Comm 1) to a new frequency?

rr
Hello rr,

Just a quick follow up.

Are you talking about the P3Dv4.5HF2 default aircraft F22 start up flight at KVPS?

Why do you want to change the default start up frequency?

What is the default frequency at start up that you want to change?

What frequency do you want to be the default frequency?
Best Regards,
roadrabbit

Post by roadrabbit »

Hi,

I fly on VatSim where the frequency used for comms when there is no ATC available is 122.800 (aka Unicom). As this frequency is the one I use most times around Europe and N Africa (VatSim ATC often unavailable) it would be great if it auto-tuned on start-up of P3Dv4. Its only a small thing but it would be useful. It seems that the frequencies chosen as default are random (or perhaps relevant to the default F22 Raptor aircraft base?).

rr
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

roadrabbit wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:34 pm Hi,

I fly on VatSim where the frequency used for comms when there is no ATC available is 122.800 (aka Unicom). As this frequency is the one I use most times around Europe and N Africa (VatSim ATC often unavailable) it would be great if it auto-tuned on start-up of P3Dv4. Its only a small thing but it would be useful. It seems that the frequencies chosen as default are random (or perhaps relevant to the default F22 Raptor aircraft base?).

rr
Hi,

What about your transponder code on Vatsim?
Best Regards,
roadrabbit

Post by roadrabbit »

I have realised I have been over-complicating matters and been a bit dumb.

Every time you start Prepar3D it loads a default aircraft. If you change the default aircraft from the F22 Raptor to one saved as a “scenario”, then it will have the radio frequencies (and transponder) set as saved in that scenario. Job done! Even if you then change aircraft the commas and transponder will remain the same.

I suspect my previous reasoning concerning adding new aircraft to Prepar3D may be correct. I shall have to wait until I add a new aircraft to see.

rr